Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Aug 14, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #80 of 464
New one from Thee Oh Sees - A Weird Exits... oh yeah, it's a trip man. 
cool.gif

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #82 of 464
Young the Giant released their new album this weekend.
I am afraid to say they have picked up the 'Coldplay syndrome'. A lot of "Ooohhhs" and "Aaahs" with over-processed artificial sounding instruments.
Songs are trying too much to sound catchy and fail miserable doing so.
Just an album made to quickly sell to high school girls.

Their song "Silvertongue" exactly explains what I mean.

It is a shame because I absolutely loved their last albums and the voice of the lead singer is godlike.
I hope they don't continue this line and pick up their original sound.

Aug 15, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #83 of 464
  Young the Giant released their new album this weekend.

Never even heard of 'em. Their old stuff would need to be radically different to 'Silvertongue' to kindle any interest in me. That just sounds like any generic pop song. They wouldn't be the first alt rock band to sell out though... take Death Cab - pretty good at one time, then they signed to Atlantic and it all went south rapidly.

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #87 of 464
HEY ,big fun of Slowdive my self saw them here in Athens Greece in July,for the moment iam anticipating for the 5th record of electronica maestro Ulrich Schnauss and he is the reason that kept me into listening to new fascinating stuff since the shoegaze era,a brilliant composer of contemporary electronica inspired by artists such as slowdive,cocteau twins,tangerine dream e.t.c.
p.s.slowdive's revisited version of "some velvet morning" is an ethereal masterpiece

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #88 of 464
Did you hear Ulrich Schnauss's collaboration with Mark Peters - Underrated Silence? Nice stuff. A Strangely Isolated Place is a classic though.

And here's one of my Cocteau faves... since you mentioned them 
biggrin.gif

Cocteau Twins - Heaven Or Las Vegas

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #89 of 464
Don't think these guys have been mentioned on this thread before. I haven't listened to them since Plans, which was too shiny and poppy for my liking - probably a result of signing to a major. This was a good one though:

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism

Users who are viewing this thread

Back