Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Shoegaze, Grunge, Brit-pop, Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Madchester, Ethereal Wave, etc.) Appreciation Thread
Oct 20, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #121 of 418

TheDreamthinker

Headphoneus Supremus
This truly is a great thread.

For those seeking a more global, universal and gear-related discussion on the topic, can join here:

Nov 20, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #127 of 418

WraithApe

Headphoneus Supremus
Head Carrier. New Pixies. It's still not a patch on the classic era really, but a step up from Indie Cindy IMO. No standouts on a par with Silver Snail on this one, but it's more solid from start to finish than the last album. They're not above cannibalizing their own back catalogue either - All I Think About Now - probably one of the album's standouts actually, but that's some bare-faced riff recycling if I ever heard it!

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #129 of 418

WraithApe

Headphoneus Supremus
  Any post rock appreciators in this thread?

Any appreciators of anything left alive on this thread? 
wink_face.gif

Yeah man, I like me some post-rock and Young Team is Mogwai's best I reckon. Either that or Ten Rapid.

A couple more post-rock ditties...

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Slow Riot For Zero Kanada EP

The Silver Mt. Zion Orchestra & Tra-la-la Band - Born Into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Upward

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #130 of 418

TheDreamthinker

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everyone,
Not wanting to interrupt the music exchange here. But i would be interested to know whether there are any ATH-R70x users among us.

How do they play with post-rock, shoegaze-genres?
I have heard them before, I just would be interested in some alternate opinions.

Also while I am already here:

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/HMKkbco7UFE[/VIDEO]

A terrific San Francisco band. The inspiration should be fairly self-evident.

Users who are viewing this thread