Exogal Comet loaner program!
Jan 24, 2018 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

We have changed the look of our TTVJAudio website. Yesterday we went live with it and will be working to improve on it over the next few weeks! We welcome your feedback - email me todd@ttvjaudio.com with your thoughts!

We also want to announce a new loaner program for the Exogal Comet DAC! We have been using this DAC for about 2 months and we think it is a real winner. Here is your chance to hear it and write a review of your experience with the Comet.

exogalcomet3.jpeg
exogalcomet2.jpeg

We do these loaner programs for a couple of reasons. First and most obvious, we look to get interested customers a chance to hear the product before they buy it from us. Secondly, we are hoping to help educate those who couldn't hear this equipment any other way a chance to play with some great gear in their own home with their system. We also are trying to promote the fine gear we carry and the companies we represent.

So... we wil take 4 or 5 participants and get the program rolling! Email to sign up and please read the rules below!

Loaner Program Rules:

Send your name and address as well as a telephone number and your Head-Fi user name to me at todd@ttvjaudio.com. Do NOT PM me as you will not be included in the program without an email.

You will get the loaner for 1 week to use in your home with your system. After your one week is up, you must send it to the next loaner participant. Email me (todd@ttvjaudio.com) the tracking info so I can pass it on to the recipient.

You MUST write a review and post it in this loaner thread. It must be posted in the same thread as this announcement for the loaner program. Please post the review here first and feel free to post it somewhere else if you like!

Once you have received the loaner, email me to let me know you have it and I will send the address for the next person.

Our loaner programs are USA only. We are restricted from shipping/selling outside the USA on most products.

Todd

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 31
Thanks Audio Addict! Exogal was formerly Wadia... so they have much experience with digital! They are very responsive to me also. Great company! And it is indeed a very nice DAC. I have 2 people signed up to hear it on the loaner program. I will take 2 more...

Todd

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 31
Hi All,

The Exogal Comet is on its way to the first loaner recipient!

Here are the 4 folks who are signed up for the loaner:

1 sheldaze
2 buffer
3 Zadok
4 ahmadfaizadnan

Have fun and I look forward to all your impressions here in this thread!

Todd

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #9 of 31
Hi All,

The Exogal Comet is on its way to the first loaner recipient!

Here are the 4 folks who are signed up for the loaner:

1 sheldaze
2 buffer
3 Zadok
4 ahmadfaizadnan

Have fun and I look forward to all your impressions here in this thread!

Todd

If you have room for another I'd like to try this DAC out.

Thanks for the opportunity Todd! Will leave my impression later and see how it compares with my Holo Spring Level 3 :dt880smile:

+1
The HS3 is at the top of my list at the moment.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #11 of 31
Any impression so far? :beerchug:
I prefer not to add a lot of pre-review notes, but one very specific thing stands out for me.

I would describe it...you know one of those scenes from the movies, where a bunch of people are sitting in a conference? Think FBI thriller, where everyone is focused, looking at a screen from surveillance footage. It's a picture of something, but the details are a little fuzzy. Then the boss says that silly line, "enhance" video. Well, first the audio from this DAC is not fuzzy. Yet when I think about it, about a particular instrument, picked out from an orchestra, I feel like I have that magical ability to "enhance" audio. There's a lot of notes, and there's a lot of space between the notes. Yet it is non-fatiguing to listen and focus - often the details from a DAC are at the expense of exaggerated highs. That is not the case. Everything is subtle, yet everything is there.

Quite interesting!

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #12 of 31
I prefer not to add a lot of pre-review notes, but one very specific thing stands out for me.

I would describe it...you know one of those scenes from the movies, where a bunch of people are sitting in a conference? Think FBI thriller, where everyone is focused, looking at a screen from surveillance footage. It's a picture of something, but the details are a little fuzzy. Then the boss says that silly line, "enhance" video. Well, first the audio from this DAC is not fuzzy. Yet when I think about it, about a particular instrument, picked out from an orchestra, I feel like I have that magical ability to "enhance" audio. There's a lot of notes, and there's a lot of space between the notes. Yet it is non-fatiguing to listen and focus - often the details from a DAC are at the expense of exaggerated highs. That is not the case. Everything is subtle, yet everything is there.

Quite interesting!

Is this the Comet Plus with the external power supply versus wall power supply?

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #13 of 31
Is this the Comet Plus with the external power supply versus wall power supply?
Just an analogy...not meaning to compare anything at this point. The DAC sounds good, with lots of details.
ln6BBZd.jpg

Yes, it does have power supply...seen in picture above next to my amplifier's power supply.
4gL8Rzf.jpg

Yes, I will be doing comparisons...such as to Yggy, shown in picture above beneath the Exogal. Will post a full review, in probably about a week.

Feb 25, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #14 of 31

Quite interesting!

Interesting indeed! See that you have yggy there. I'll be waiting for your review :D

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #15 of 31
HI All,

After a bit of a delay, the Comet is heading to Zadok today. It should be there in a few days. I look forward to some reviews here soon!

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back