Exercising with the iriver h120?
Apr 15, 2004 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stryfe21

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in buying one of these, but primarily want to be able to run/lift while using it. I hear the carrying case has a belt loop, but does any sort of armband or sports clip exist? I dont see any such accessories at iriver.com
Thanks~

Apr 15, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 8
It's dangerous to run with hd players.
However, it's about the same size as the ipod and all the other rectangle players, so you should be able to find an unofficial clip.

Apr 15, 2004 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 8
is it really about the same size as the ipod? and what do you mean by a "clip" exactly? Because I dont think any other carrying case would fit the h120 and still show the display

Apr 15, 2004 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 8
From Amazon
iHP:
Weight: Approx. 160 grams
105 mm by 60 mm by 19 mm

From Apple:
iPod:
104mm by 61mm by 15.7 mm
Weight - 158 g

So:
iHP is 1mm longer, 3.3mm thicker, 2g heavier but 1mm narrower *on face*

Sorry if you don't *speak* metric, but I think at this scale its easier to compare.

BUT as Bolt San says, many people would advise you to not run or jog with an HD-based player, subjecting a player to physical shock when it's accessing the HD can cause irreversable damage. Flash players are better for running with, as long as you can deal with the lower capacity.

Apr 15, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 8
I know, I wanna get an HD player, just one of the things I wanted to do with it was run. Lifting should still be OK, but there's still the matter of how to attach it to my person

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Could I jog (even sprint) with it if I were just using the FM tuner? Then while lifting i switch to mp3 player. It sounds like it has to be reading the HDD during trauma for it to be damaged, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back