Excessive perspiration any tips?
Feb 24, 2006 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Before I start this is not "inane" it's a real problem which is starting to really drive me nuts. Started about 2 months ago, both armpits are like water fountains whether I'm feeling hot, cold or medium it just keeps pouring out non stop, I've been having to change my shirt 3 times a day and have been blowing a hairdryer on my armpits 10 (or more) times a day to no avail. I've tried all sorts of deoderants but it just keeps pouring out.

The Doctor has given me "Driclor" which I am supposed to apply last thing at night and wash off in the morning, haven't tried it as I only got it today but if this doesn't do the trick what will? Anyone here gone through this before? If so you'll know just how annoying it is with sweat constantly dripping from your armpits.... I'm a bit stressed at the moment and this "could" be causing it but I've been stressed before without this happening.. any ideas?

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 35
The Male Menopause is a myth
biggrin.gif

It's stress.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 35
If DriClor doesn't do the trick then you are seriously a sweat machine!
tongue.gif

I tried something similar ONCE and was sweat free for like 2 whole weeks. So for me it was a bit too potent!

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Do you notice slower body hair growth? Not had to shave as much recently?

Quite the opposite Bangra, I appear to be shaving more often (well, more growth) this started a couple of months ago and came on quite sudden (the excessive perspiration). I'll try this driclor stuff tonight but would like to get to the root of "why" rather than varnishing my armpits every night with this gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
If DriClor doesn't do the trick then you are seriously a sweat machine!

Just put it on, blimey it doesn't half itch, what the hell is in this stuff
confused.gif
Feels like shards of metal
eek.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Aah, you chainsmoke?

Yes. 50 roll ups a day but only little thin ones, not serious full size fags. The only other thing I can think of is the sleeping pills, been taking them constantly for a few months so they "could" have something to do with it. Doctor reckons it could possibly be my body getting back to normal after being basically dehydrated for years with the boozing and the lymph glands could be overworking yada yada......

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 35
move to a colder clime.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
move to a colder clime.
smily_headphones1.gif

As explained, it's not a "hot" thing... I can be freezing in a deep freeze and it will "still" pour out irrespective whether or not I'm warm, cold, moving, not moving etc. It's really getting to me, hopefully this Driclor stuff will help (it's like itching powder at the moment, this "irritation" is pretty normal according to the Doctor) anyways can a mod please delete this thread I've found a forum that deals with this subject. Thanks.

Feb 25, 2006 at 11:09 AM Post #13 of 35
Well, I applied this Driclor stuff last night before going to bed (as per instructions) and, so far, no perspiration "at all" I was woken about 5 times with the serious irritation but that seems to have worn off now. Apparantly I now wash this stuff off in the morning (in the shower etc.) and apply normal anti perspirant and then at night I reapply this Driclor gear and repeat the process as necessary.... it says to apply it twice a week at night and once the condition improves you go down to once per week. Well, so far so good, this potion appears to be working so I'll keep applying at night. I wonder what's in it? At one point last night it felt like someone was holding a flamethrower under my armpits, whatever "is" in it is seriously strong and I wouldn't fancy using this 24/7/365 but, as I say, so far so good it appears to be doing the trick
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 11:28 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Yes. 50 roll ups a day but only little thin ones, not serious full size fags.

Yeah, that was my dad. 40-50 Little thin Golden Virginias, right up till it killed him at 63 a few years back. Don't kid yourself, they'll do you in just as fast as my 20-a-day full-sized ones.
plainface.gif

On a positive note, at least you won't die sweating now
icon10.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Don't kid yourself, they'll do you in just as fast as my 20-a-day full-sized ones.
plainface.gif

So what? I don't particularly "want" to live past 60 and I enjoy smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back