"Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people ..."
Oct 6, 2002 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
The Refreshment's "Banditos" is one of my favorite songs to come out of the alt-rock era. I've seriously just listened to it eight or nine times back-to-back. It's great.

So anyway, to me at least, The Refreshments were a one-hit wonder. Did they have any other good material? I only have "Banditos" because I downloaded it -- is it worth picking up the album it came from? Any other albums?

kerely

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Someone at least tell me you've heard of them.

Yeah, I've heard of them... but that's about it. Seems like they had a single that got some play, but I can't remember. I'm sampling the song you listed to see if it jogs my memory.

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 8
LOL, now I remember why I've heard of them....

And I'm kind of ashamed to admit it
rolleyes.gif
... they do the "King of the Hill" theme song. HAHA! That is a cool song you were talking about.. I may have to pick the album up if I can find it.

Oct 7, 2002 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Haha, the King of the Hill theme? That's great. Are you sure though? -- because I know they broke up quite a while ago, way before that show came on the air. Not that that means they couldn't still use their music. ...

kerely

Oct 8, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 8
I am truly sorry that I have never heard of the Refreshments. But it does appear that they did do the King Of The Hill theme. Quote:

King of the Hill Theme from King of the Hill [Original Television Soundtrack]
Good Year from Bottle & Fresh Horses
Down Together from Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy
Banditos from Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy
Tributary Otis from Bottle & Fresh Horses
Buy American from Bottle & Fresh Horses
Years Go Passing By from Bitter
Bitter from Bitter
Mexico from Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy
Nada from Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy

Go to AMG for more information.
I tried to link to the Refreshments page but it wouldn't work. So you will have to type them in the search box......sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back