Ever Since I Joined Head-Fi I Stare at People's Headphones
May 4, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #76 of 159
Of course I look and I can't believe that 19 out of 20 times it's the dreaded white Apple earbuds when there are so many other better choices out there.

I sometimes think they look at me like.."dude, didn't your Ipod come with earphones?" OR "why go spend money on earphones when Ipods already come with them...what a waste of money."

May 4, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #77 of 159
Who doesn't?
smily_headphones1.gif
I really like the looks of the SE530's and Westone's with customs
smile.gif

May 4, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #80 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sometimes think they look at me like.."dude, didn't your Ipod come with earphones?" OR "why go spend money on earphones when Ipods already come with them...what a waste of money."

That is SO true! But then again, I think whenever I see people with ibuds on I give them my "Why do you have such crappy headphones on?" look, that's why they give me dirty looks back.
wink_face.gif

May 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #81 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by majurglery /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted yes and I cringe when I see Bose phones on someones head

I think Bose earphones are pretty good for listening while commuting. While I know they are not the best, they are very forgiving of mediocre source material, do not require an amp to be driven well, and the best thing about using them for commuting is that you are not completely isolated from your surroundings. i.e. SAFER. Just a few reasons why I choose the Bose in-Ears for commuting, rather than my er-4ps.

The Bose in-Ears are all over Chicago. But I have seen a few shure users on the train. It doesnt really bother me when people use ibuds because I just think of it as them not being interested YET. I still use cheap ass headphones while exercising too. Its not like Im actually concentrating on the music.

May 4, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #83 of 159
^
Fact.
I do look at the earphones, but I haven't seen anything interesting in the last few months. It's really harsh here for a Head-fi'er
frown.gif

May 4, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #84 of 159
I usually carry 2 pairs with me as well if i'm going out to meet friends and we might be catching a bus or something. most people tend to understand a little better once they hear them, but some people are tone-deaf and still think you are crazy. thats if I ever told anyone the actual cost.
rolleyes.gif

May 4, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #85 of 159
Yep I do it to, nobody ever has any 'goodies' just bose, a occasional v-moda.

May 5, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #86 of 159
Sometimes I find people that wears Grado headphone in the subway or at school. It is hard to find in Canada at good price and it is not what I would call the most beautiful thing to wear in public ! ( well at least to lower-end ones )

I don't notice iem, to hard to find out what they are.

May 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #88 of 159
today i probably saw the best headphones ive seen on campus today ever..a dt880 pro :]

May 5, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #90 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would sooooo wear this shirt with my shiny Shure SE530's on and purposely walk into a Apple store. LOL.

Cost More != Sound Better.

bakhtiar-albums-phonak-audeo-pfe-picture2457-new-shirt.png

Edit:
Sorry, wrong impression
smily_headphones1.gif
.. Oo.. SE530 is cost more than your iPODs... Ic ic .. I get it. Should change the DAP pic to iBuds
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back