Ever considered going to a cuddle party?
Jun 13, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 63
I've actually organized a couple of these....I'm a big proponent of friendly and non-sexual touch...I mean, it's proven to be a part of human growth and development, and I've seen nothing but good come from these.

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 63
better idea than the "instant mob" thing at least. you didn't get anything from meeting at Toys R Us to yell at the Lego T-Rex and run away
icon10.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 63
This sort of physical affection should be saved for young children, who need psychological reinforcement through the touch of a kind and loving parent. Grown people should be confident in who they are. If you aren't, no amount of mutual groping with people who have similarly shaky self-images is going to help.

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 63
Seriously cuddle parties???. This is the first time I have ever heard of them. It just sounds a bit ewwww.

I am not making fun of the concept or idea, it's just I never heard of them.

Personally i reckon stripper parties are the way to go, but that's just me....
rs1smile.gif
Just kidding, I would never do something like that. The thought of stunning women being exploited by taking their clothes off.
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
This sort of physical affection should be saved for young children, who need psychological reinforcement through the touch of a kind and loving parent. Grown people should be confident in who they are. If you aren't, no amount of mutual groping with people who have similarly shaky self-images is going to help.

It sounds to me like you might benefit from a good cuddle
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #11 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry

What a terrible, terribly amusing thing to say. I myself have reservations about a group of people lying about, "cuddling." However, I'm not about to open that can of worms.

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #12 of 63
hmmm... it seems to be based in NYC? The next cuddle-fest is on the 18th. There's a head-fi meet on that day. I've got to cuddle some headphones instead
tongue.gif
Honestly, it's so crazy hot and humid here right now, I can't imagine being next to group of people. The potential for body odor and stickiness is tremendous.

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #13 of 63
What if you get a woodie...<he reads on> ...oh your not allowed to do anything about it???!!! Who thought of this, Dr. Phil? Also, as Ian astutely states summer in the city is not the time to get into jammies and be next to hot sticky strangers. There's the #4 subway for that

Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Honestly, it's so crazy hot and humid here right now, I can't imagine being next to group of people. The potential for body odor and stickiness is tremendous.

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #14 of 63
Um, I wouldn't go to one. I'm the kind of person who likes my personal space a lot. People who I don't know (ie outside my family) know not to touch me or get inside about .75 to 0.5 of a metre or I start feeling very tense. Perhaps its an artificial learnt response which might be overcome by something like this. At any rate I don't think I'll be attending one anytime soon.

Having said that I can see how it would appeal to some people - just not me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back