1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

European head-fi gear

1. cryptout
    I'm looking to learn about European head-fi manufacturers. For some reason I only know US and Chinese brands. There must be some good EU based manufacturers that I need to know of. I can think of only Feliks Audio and Allo right now.

2. serman005
    Meier, Custom Art, Meze--there's a bunch.

PaganDL likes this.
  3. wuwhere Contributor
    Chord, Sennheiser, AKG, Focal, Bang & Olufsen, Bowers & Wilkins, Sonus Faber

4. cryptout
    Nice, I did not know "Custom Art" and also not realized Chord was European. Sonos Faber's site seems down but also a brand I did not know.

Do you know of more "boutique" brands like Feliks Audio based in Europe?

5. cryptout
    I found a very intresting company called Audio Hungary. They seem to make delicious handcrafted tube amps.

6. baskingshark
    I bought a few Beyerdynamic headphones and they were made in Germany and are super sturdy like a tank.

7. alota
    Sonus faber is an italian brand from a long long time. Founded by Franco Serblin(RIP). Feliks i think is polish

8. Chris Kaoss
    I like to mentioned a little, but reliable company called "abacus electronics" located in Nordenham, Germany.

Going to demo their abacus cuffino in the next weeks. Maybe also the prepino to compare the differences with their line driver technology. :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    cryptout likes this.
  9. PaganDL

Neumann, Focal, Musical Fidelity

Chris Kaoss and cryptout like this.
  10. cryptout
    Great looking company! Thanks.

11. PaganDL
    @cryptout,

Not exactly European though their owner is an English transplant so that sort of counts, have you heard of Rupert Neve Designs, particualrly RNHP?

Also, I will also add RME & SPL though haven't personally demo any of the latter.

Hope you have a great day !

Chris Kaoss likes this.
  12. cryptout
    Ahh did not know SPL was European.

Thanks, and a great day to you too!

13. PaganDL

No problem, happy to help.

For me, generally easier to name European Hifi or European Pro gear.

Hope you have a great day !