EUropean budget (€50-€150) IEMs
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ShaneyMac

100+ Head-Fier
Chinese IEMs manufacturers are leading force in low price segment. Also they are great in budget segment (lets say in about $100 - $200). We know that Japan and US also have great IEMs, mostly in mid and top segment. But what about EUropean IEMs? I think of continental Europe, without the UK (so sorry for Brexit). What Europe can offer us in this middle-budget segment? Does the "Old Continent" have some manufacturers that can be worthy contenders in this head-fi fight?
I'm asking this because in the last few years I bought some Japan and US IEMs and lots of chi-fi stuff (mostly in low segment and some in $50-$100 range), but none of them are from the EU (not even from the UK). This year, following my New Year resolution that I will buy only 1 or 2 earphones this year (blasphemy, I know :wink:), I want to give a chance to some EU earphones in the price range of €50 to €150 at most. I'm not narrow-minded to consider only "Made in EU" earphones as I understand that most of the European companies relocate their production to Asia, so I can take into account "Designed in Europe - Made in Elsewhere" earphones, but I would prefer those with "Made in EU" sign (although I know that these would be real exception).
Sennheiser (still?) have their budget range with CX 300S and Momentum earphones as contenders. Other German manufacturer, Beyerdynamic, have their Soul Byrd and Beat Byrd earphones. From Scandinavia, Sound by Sweden, are mostly focused in the wireless segment, but they have have two wired IEMs (Nitro and Nero), although I can't find any unbiased review of this IEMs. Other Swedish manufacturer, Urbanears, have in their product line some IEM's in this budget range too, but I think these are more fashion accessories than "real" IEMs. Meze Audio from Romania have discontinued 11 Neo and 12 Classics IEMs, but also new version of 12 Classics V2. Also, there is their Meze Rai Solo that sometimes can be seen at discounts for around €150. And that is mostly all I can find. Other European manufacturers like Ultrasone (Germany), Custom Art (Poland), Craft Ears (Poland), Lime Ears (Poland), EarSonics (France) are all in top tier line over €400+ and unfortunately doesn't have any products in this budget range. What is your knowledge and experience about "Made in Europe" headphones?

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 4
We have less brands than the others, but the best ones. :) :)

P.S. Rabljene Massdrop Plus su odlične, ali su made in USA. :)

P.P.S. If I was buying EU IEMs, I would buy Polish or Romanian product. Great sounding IEMs, and I support "New Europe" products whenever I can.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 4
We have less brands than the others, but the best ones. :) :)

P.S. Rabljene Massdrop Plus su odlične, ali su made in USA. :)

P.P.S. If I was buying EU IEMs, I would buy Polish or Romanian product. Great sounding IEMs, and I support "New Europe" products whenever I can.
Honestly, at first, I didn't care much about geographical origin of earphones. I was thinking more about SQ and comfort. After all, I started with this hobby thanks to great Chi-Fi products in my set budget. Unfortunately, because this covid pandemic, shipping time from China become ridiculously long. Last few packages have traveled for more than 3 months from China (and some packages never arrived), so this year I want to buy local EU stuff to get them faster and safer. Customs duties are also not something to be ignored. Unfortunately, most of the European IEM's are out of my budget and those in my budget are so rare. That's why I post here to get experience from other people :wink:

P.S. Imaš ih? Ubija me dostava s Dropa, a i naša carina :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back