Europe Deals Thread
Aug 7, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #2,386 of 2,497
Problem 1 has nothing to do with hifiman — I don’t like planars in general, their bass presentation just does not fit my taste.

Problem 2 is hifimans build quality. Example: the original HE1000 had gimbals that scratch their leather pads. Part is a build quality problem (the gimbals had really sharp/rough edges), part a conventional negligence: there was simply not enough room between pad and gimbal for movement without collision.

Problem 3 is the steady flow of new models. It gives me the impression that they constantly devalue their models, that they are not supported and one should just buy a new headphone soon. I don’t know: are there spare parts available for years after end of production? Are repair manuals available? I did not research that due to problem 1…

Rant over :wink:
I could agree with all, except the 1st one. While also being a fan of dynamic transducer's bass, I can tell you that HE6SE and HE1000 are really amazing and they really make my feet move. Especially in electronic.

Sep 6, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #2,389 of 2,497
Lat time I got a budget SD card it was 100% unreliable

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #2,395 of 2,497
Focal Clear OG in France at 799€ In my opinion best bang for the buck beside the Hifiman XS and better than Focal Clear MG. I bought it at 850€ and I'm really happy with OG, especially for that price.

https://www.son-video.com/article/casques-hi-fi/focal/clear
https://www.easylounge.com/casque-audio/focal-clear-silver-64051

Had good experience to order at son-video to Germany. So I think could be a good shop to order within the EU. The hole order process is in french, but with google translate it's no problem. I maild once in english and the answer was in french :wink: but I think thats totally fine for a french shop :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #2,396 of 2,497
Had good experience to order at son-video to Germany. So I think could be a good shop to order within the EU. The hole order process is in french, but with google translate it's no problem. I maild once in english and the answer was in french :wink: but I think thats totally fine for a french shop :wink:

My only beef with son-video is that they only accept French credit cards - otherwise it's prepayment by bank transfer. The service and delivery is very good, though.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #2,400 of 2,497
Sabaj a20h headphone amplifier 129,9€ at amazon.de

and

Sabaj a20d dac with ESS9038Pro and XMOS XU216 199,99€ at amazon.de

I think that's lowest price ever for a new ESS9038Pro dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back