Europe Deals Thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,757 of 2,497
£399 for T5p 2nd gen is a steal, they are such good headphones, I love them but still can't afford them :wink:

Ended up buying a pair. I'd been keeping an eye on Polar's ebay store in the hope there'd be no interest at £399 and the price might fall again (very wishful thinking I suppose) but they don't seem to be having too many problems shifting them at the higher price. And there was always the risk the price might go up further if they think there's demand.

Just hoping I actually like them now! Have been curious about the T5P 2G since release but don't have the option to audition locally and it's really rather hard to get a handle on them from reviews / impressions as opinion seems so mixed and even the way one person might describe their sound sig can be radically different to another. Right now I'm not sure what I've let myself in for but (touch wood) I will have a much better idea by this time tomorrow, weather & courier permitting.

Either way thanks again for the heads up on these :)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,758 of 2,497
There´s the HIFIMAN HE400i for 180 pounds on Amazon.co.uk... Might just tempt me to buy my first planar magnetic headphone since the original LCD-2.

That is a good price on the HE-400i. Noticed the HE-560 is also down to £383 on Amazon.co.uk (sold by Hifiman & fulfilled by Amazon UK), which is a bit of a bargain too.

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #1,759 of 2,497
Feb 20, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #1,763 of 2,497
Jays U-Jays on-ear headphones (iOS/Android and all colours) currently £39.99 in HMV stores, plus online with free delivery in the UK

Wanted to buy some of these when they first came out because I love my V-Jays, I'm sure they were around the £200 mark - couldn't resist ordering some at this price.

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #1,764 of 2,497
Jays U-Jays on-ear headphones (iOS/Android and all colours) currently £39.99 in HMV stores, plus online with free delivery in the UK

Wanted to buy some of these when they first came out because I love my V-Jays, I'm sure they were around the £200 mark - couldn't resist ordering some at this price.
Incredible deals. v-Jays are my favourite headphones and I've admired the u jays since their release. Yes it was around £200 mark.. £40 for imo one of the most stylish headphones on the market is madness. Don't need them at all but obviously ive ordered a pair. Mad not to

Many thanks for spotting this

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #1,765 of 2,497
The u Jays deal is probably at least as good as the seemingly never ending offers on the similarly priced Sony MDR10RC and Musical Fidelity MF200/MF100, all of which I also own.

A bargain always sounds better to my old ears.

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,766 of 2,497
I don't need them either, but they're practically giving them away...
Be interesting to hear how they compare to your MF's god-bluff, i've very nearly bought the MF100's a few times but resisted because i don't need them!

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #1,770 of 2,497
I got the a-Jays four for £20 reduces from £80 at HMV

Wish I didn’t bother though they don’t sound good at all.
Get the u Jays for £39.99. I got a pair and they do sound superb. Its a rare headphone that sounds this smooth yet with such detail retrieval. They are also impossibly stylish in my book. You simply will not find anything better in sound and style for this kind of money

However even as a big fan of on ear headphones I don't find these very comfortable..the pads look nice and thick in pictures. In reality they have very thin cushioning. Also the isolation is far too great for my needs. I need to at least be a littlie aware of whats happening around me

ymmv

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back