Europe by Bus
Apr 10, 2011 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

midoo1990

Headphoneus Supremus
so i am preparing with one of my friends for a summer trip to go to after we finish our exams.i will reserve soon  but i have two options and torn which to choose from.
first is europe by bus.anyone tried it?i would love to hear your insights about it. It will be 10 days and the package include visiting Holland,England,Austria,Switzerland,germany and paris.

the other options is to go to Austria and germany(vienna,salzburg and Munich) for also 10 days.

price difference is not too big.Europe by bus is about 2k and the other one is 1.5k.

i would like anyone that tried europe by bus to tell me his/her experiance,and also if anyone visited Austria especially to give me an insight of it because i am very interested in visiting it.

lets the discussion begin...

Apr 10, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 13
I definetely suggest the first option because you will see much more of Europe IMO. Further you can decide where to go. Nevertheless it is really not much time to make what you ve written :)

Apr 10, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 13
I'm not a fan of packaged tours, with one exception.

They limit the amount of time you can spend somewhere and you get herded around in a group. I like to wander around to find the odd corners and interesting parts. And if I really like a place, I'll change plans and spend an extra day or two there. So I'd recommend going to the place you most want to see and then get train tickets if you want to go anywhere else.

Also, my exception: cruises. Didn't think I'd enjoy them, but I do. I skip the packaged excursions and planned stuff and head out on foot. You are limited by the time you have to be back on board, though. But the ships are nice, there's an amazing amount of food, and the bars are always open.

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 13
hmmm,interesting. i think i will choose the second choice since Austria is the main country i want to visit and discover.i would love to go to switzerland also, except for the fact that it is one of the most expensive country in the world.

no headphones for me this year,as this trip will get all the funds:).....

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 13
Have fun! Don't plan more than about half of your trip as "must see." There's nothing worse than getting stuck on a rigid schedule when you find some place you want to see more of. And you always find places you want to spend more time at.

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Have fun! Don't plan more than about half of your trip as "must see." There's nothing worse than getting stuck on a rigid schedule when you find some place you want to see more of. And you always find places you want to spend more time at.

thanks for the tips! one of the must do is to see and listen to vienna mozart orchestra at the famous Opera house.its optional but i will definatly reserve it.

Quote:
If you're willing to spend time with organisation or adventurous enough for ad-hoc hotel search, you may want to look into getting a Eurail Pass instead.

sounds interesting...and expensive:) maybe next year when i have a bit of an experiance since this will be the first time i travel to europe and also alone(with my friend).

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
I don't know, 2k/1.5k seem more expensive to me.

i dont appreciate this kind of sarcasm.i have been planning for this trip since last year and have been saving for a long time,so yes money is limited for a university student.
leave your uncalled sarcasm for someone else.

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #11 of 13
I find your idea pretty kool :). So you can even visit me if you miss your headphones :)

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
i dont appreciate this kind of sarcasm.i have been planning for this trip since last year and have been saving for a long time,so yes money is limited for a university student.

I don't think you understood what he was saying. I believe he means the Eurail pass would save you money.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of winging it on trips like Erik said. Have a great time man. 

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:

It wasn't sarcasm, it was actually just surprise at your statement, because indeed your aforementioned price of 2k/1.5k is way higher. Perhaps my way of wording my surprise was a bit alien to you, but it was indeed just surprise. I don't know what else you included in the calculation upon hearing the price of course (hotels and stuff, and perhaps you were comparing the quality of those hotels with those you'd occupy in your planned trip, though I'd encourage you to try "lesser-quality" hotels as I find homely pensions much more comfortable than anonymous distant huge 4-star hotels), but that doesn't make me less surprised.

If that's not your point I'm not entirely certain what is. I'm certainly not mocking you for low income/savings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back