Euro Cup 08
Jun 21, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #121 of 181
I am totally agree and with you on this one man.
cool.gif
And thats not luck, but politics now, hate it...After 30 minutes of extra time its simply OVER, period, no matter what you do or trying to do, its just stops, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholaus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amount of luck that the Turkish team has is unbelievable...

such a sad day for us...
frown.gif

Even my new Denons D2000 can't cheer me up...

Jun 21, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #123 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am totally agree and with you on this one man.
cool.gif
And thats not luck, but politics now, hate it...After 30 minutes of extra time its simply OVER, period, no matter what you do or trying to do, its just stops, but...

How does it stop? The fourth official clearly held up a sign saying they were given extra time. The Turkish goal was made 2 seconds before the end of the extra time. Nothing to whine about. As we keep saying here at home, anything can happen in less than thirty seconds. This game is a perfect example. Don't think you'll win before the referee whistles the game.

Jun 21, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #125 of 181
Russia 3, Netherlands 1. What a great game and they really deserved to win!! Thinking how Russia started the tournament with a 4:1 loss against Spain, wow.

Jun 21, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #126 of 181
Great game? I thought it was a horrible game, especially from the Dutch. None of the glory or skill from the group games shone through today, just plain bad football. Russia on the other hand played much better and they deservedly beat the Netherlands. I guess our high traitor (Guus Hiddink
wink.gif
) did it again. I'm not sure whether they'll make it through the semi-finals though.

I'm going for a Spain-Italy score of 3-1 tomorrow as well.

Jun 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #127 of 181
Horrible game from the Dutch, no disagreement.

biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #130 of 181
The Dutch played decently except for the fact that they took terrible shots for the most part. While all four goals were exciting, the Russians had both more and better shooting as opposed to the dutch who just made ridiculous attempts from way outside the box for the most part.

Jun 22, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #132 of 181
Great match. The spanish are really precise, they have an amazing control and are able to weave a web with their playing style. Of us Italians, Cassano is doing pretty well, as is Buffon. Toni has been non-existent until now. That's a real pity we can't show Pirlo tonight.

I didn't watch any Spanish match until now, but I'm amazed. What a good team.
We'll see how the second part goes.

Jun 22, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #135 of 181
Not the game I hoped it to be, but at least with a happy ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back