Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #31 of 1,386
Wouldn't H15M be better suited? It may not look as impressive, with only two small 6S45P, but the output transformer design should work well with Utopia's low impedance/high sensitivity.

I thought all of eufonika amps are OTL based. If these are custom made I’ll ask eufonika if they could make output transformer design for higher tier amp. Still very curious how their better offerings sound compared to other production.

Jul 30, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #32 of 1,386
I'm pulling trigger for H22M, eufonika advised that it's their highest tier amplifier and 80ohm Utopias should be fine. Let's see it will be first such a blind buy :)

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #34 of 1,386
Wouldn't H15M be better suited? It may not look as impressive, with only two small 6S45P, but the output transformer design should work well with Utopia's low impedance/high sensitivity.
Have you ever seen the H1M which I believe has 2 of those valves per channel? I think it goes up to 1W which is phenomenal for an OTL amp. Not much info online but I found this link. Also, I might be receiving one in the near future myself... :)

https://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/...y-eufonika-h1m-na-6n1p-6s45p-i7436726257.html

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #35 of 1,386
Hello,
Is there a model of Eufonika that could power the Aeon R/T?
I still have the Feliks Euforia here, it does drive it, but you can see that the Euforia is reaching its limits.
Which is not necessarily tragic.
I'm going to try my H1M with my Monoprice M1060s when it arrives. If it drives them well it might also work with yours.

Aug 1, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #36 of 1,386
I'm going to try my H1M with my Monoprice M1060s when it arrives. If it drives them well it might also work with yours.
Hello,
Hmm yes does not look wrong.
I have written to the seller via Ebay but have not received a reply yet.
Which would be a pity if it remains so.

In the description is what from 30 ohm optimal.could still be narrow.
I currently manage with the Euforia also but at some point it just distorts and becomes unclean.
So hear loud is certainly not tendency rather quiet to Mittlel laud then it's over.

Aug 1, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #37 of 1,386
Hello,
Hmm yes does not look wrong.
I have written to the seller via Ebay but have not received a reply yet.
Which would be a pity if it remains so.

In the description is what from 30 ohm optimal.could still be narrow.
I currently manage with the Euforia also but at some point it just distorts and becomes unclean.
So hear loud is certainly not tendency rather quiet to Mittlel laud then it's over.

Try emailing him direct, he responded relatively quickly to me. I wound up ordering an H5. Hopefully I’ll have it in hand soon.

eufonika@eufonika.pl

Aug 1, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #38 of 1,386
Have you ever seen the H1M which I believe has 2 of those valves per channel? I think it goes up to 1W which is phenomenal for an OTL amp. Not much info online but I found this link. Also, I might be receiving one in the near future myself... :)

https://archiwum.allegro.pl/oferta/...y-eufonika-h1m-na-6n1p-6s45p-i7436726257.html
Yes

M1060 is 50 ohms/96 dB, Utopia is 80 ohms/104 dB

The high Utopia sensitivity combined with the high OTL amplifier gain almost for certain will mean no play on the volume potentiometer. The headphones will be very loud already at 8-9 o’clock, and when playing at low-to-moderate levels you end up in in the lower extreme potentiometer range where channel imbalance is more likely to be present.

The lower M1060 sensitvity means it will likely not suffer the same problem.

I would expext an output transformer design to eliminate this particular problem, which is why I pointed at H15M (to my knowledge the only Eufonika OPT offering at this time).

I have yet to try an OPT design, so could be getting this all wrong. I do have an OTL amp with high gain, and my Beyerdynamic T1 (600 ohme/102 dB) acts like described above. Usable potenitometer range is rather limited with standard 2Vrms sources. A lower source output signal extends the range, a higher output signal limits its further.

This is with high impedance/high sensitivity headphones, as far as I can tell with low impedance/high sensitivity the probelm magnifies rather than shrinks.

I wonder if Wieslaw missed the sensitivity part, when he recommended H22M for Utopia?

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #40 of 1,386
Yes

The high Utopia sensitivity combined with the high OTL amplifier gain almost for certain will mean no play on the volume potentiometer. The headphones will be very loud already at 8-9 o’clock, and when playing at low-to-moderate levels you end up in in the lower extreme potentiometer range where channel imbalance is more likely to be present.

I would expext an output transformer design to eliminate this particular problem, which is why I pointed at H15M (to my knowledge the only Eufonika OPT offering at this time).

I have yet to try an OPT design, so could be getting this all wrong. I do have an OTL amp with high gain, and my Beyerdynamic T1 (600 ohme/102 dB) acts like described above. Usable potenitometer range is rather limited with standard 2Vrms sources. A lower source output signal extends the range, a higher output signal limits its further.

This is with high impedance/high sensitivity headphones, as far as I can tell with low impedance/high sensitivity the probelm magnifies rather than shrinks.

I wonder if Wieslaw missed the sensitivity part, when he recommended H22M for Utopia?

Wieslaw stated that H22M is a much better amp, but the question is which amp would be actually better for utopias. I'm just a bit worried that I would do just a sidegrade from my Luxman P1U with eufonikas. Wonder how much scaling capabilities there is actually left by replacing current amp.

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #41 of 1,386
And he is probably right. I just wanted to make you aware that high amp gain and high headphone sensitivity can potentially be problematic. I own his H16M amp by the way, which uses EL34 and 6N8S.

Aug 1, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #43 of 1,386
Yes, it is a custom-built. EL34 headphone amps are somewhat scarce, but the ones below use that tube, exclusively or optionally.

EL34 amps.jpg

Aug 1, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #44 of 1,386
Yes

I can try it with my KLH Ultimate Ones they might be closer to the Utopias in spec.

Aug 2, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #45 of 1,386
Wieslaw updated that he can make an output transformer based tube amplifier. It was really pleasant surprise as you can select model and customize it as per your needs.

Will update once amp will arrive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back