EU Power Supply for Schiit Magni ?
Feb 18, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #16 of 29
The power supply arrived today. My Schitt don't work.

Checked the output of the supplied power brick and is at 18v so the convertor looks to be working, must be a faulty Magni :frowning2: .

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:
The power supply arrived today. My Schitt don't work.

Checked the output of the supplied power brick and is at 18v so the convertor looks to be working, must be a faulty Magni :frowning2: .

If you're using your Magni with anything other than the supplied power transformer and a step-down, you can blow the internal fuse. That's why we clearly state that we do not recommend any wall-wart other than the one we have qualified. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 29
Hi Jason,

I sent a email to support just before my post on here. Not heard back yet but just seen your reply on here. I am using the supplied power adapter with a stepdown adapter. Is the internal fuse something I can check myself?

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 29
The people in this thread with the step down transformers and waiting on the magni to be delivered or vice versa, do you have both yet? Have you had any issues or do they work ok?

Still waiting on a response from Schiit on diagnosing/resolving my issue.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #21 of 29
Magni and Modi arrived 
size]

Works fine with AC230V - AC120V EU Transformator (14$) max output 30W

Hello from Czech Republic 
size]

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #22 of 29
Fantastic it works for you. Not got any further diagnosing my issue, hopefully can rule out the stepdown transformer if works ok for you. It's possible I may just of got a bad Magni.

Jason did respond to a PM on here and said he'd get Alex to send out a new unit so hopefully all is well. That was on the 21/02 so hopefully it's with me in the next 2 weeks, hopefully sooner as I sold my previous amp when I first orderd these so have nothing to listen through.

May 10, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:
Works fine with AC230V - AC120V EU Transformator (14$) max output 30W

Hello!!

Have just bought this schiit Magni and since i'm in europe i've that EU Transformator (looks like yours)...

The only problem I have is that when I'm not listening to music there is a strange and annoying rumors like alien just came on earth in my headphones....

What could be?!? Suggestion?

Thanks
Mic

May 10, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:
Hello!!

Have just bought this schiit Magni and since i'm in europe i've that EU Transformator (looks like yours)...

The only problem I have is that when I'm not listening to music there is a strange and annoying rumors like alien just came on earth in my headphones....

What could be?!? Suggestion?

Thanks
Mic

Sorry to hear that, everything worked fine for me :frowning2: Could you try different transformator ? Or only problem I had, was that volume knob was little bent off and was touching some live parts inside Magni and it was doing crazy noise all them time till I moved the knob back to the middle.

May 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #26 of 29
Thaks for the answer!!

I'll try different trasformator and wall socket.
I've to try to connect the power cable directly to the wall socket, it's connected to a power strip now and maybe there're some interference.

Maybe some one else have the same problem and know how to fix it 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 20, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #27 of 29
So what kind of transformer is the one you guys are using? Link or something?
I'm really thinking of buying this combo but i want to make sure they will work before i click buy.

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #28 of 29
I'm looking for a 16vdc adaptor and all I seem to be able to find are 16vac adaptors! - Bearing in mind the comment made that someone can't find an ac adaptor; if it's any help the ac adaptors are sold by model railway shops - I'm not sure about the quality etc but they do sell them and I keep stumbling across them in my search for the right dc one.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #29 of 29
So I've been looking at the M&M combo too, and I live in denmark. Will this power supply work? (Please note that the Danish outlet is 230V)
http://www.thomann.de/dk/presonus_netzteil_fuer_hp4.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back