Etys, im scared to put these in...
May 11, 2004 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

EightyEight

100+ Head-Fier
insertingetys1.jpg

on the headphone.com site they show this pic on inserting the canal phones. But i thought they went in with the black foam tips and white flanged rubber tips.
confused.gif

May 11, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 13
i have no idea wat the pic is of, but with foams or sleeves on the etys, theres no way u can possibly get those in ur ear so far as to harm them. so, if ur worried about damaging ur ears, no worries. just keep that volume down
tongue.gif

May 11, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 13
I think the foam tip is rolled up in the picture. It should expand once inside the ear. If you have ever worn foam earplugs, then you'll be comfortable with using the Etys with the foam tips.

May 11, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 13
It seems a lot of people have a misconception of how deep their ear canal actually goes, which feeds a fear of canalphones.

Just stuff them in there, you're not going to hit eardrum. Just make sure your ears are clean first.

May 11, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #7 of 13
I stick my Qtips much farther than my modded koss plugs and clear the wax out. My plugs don't go as far and they are comfortable, but this is getting into a subjective realm now. Sorry I brought it there.

May 11, 2004 at 9:02 AM Post #12 of 13
How comfortable are the ER-4's? (compared to headphones like the HD580s for example)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back