Etys hit ThinkGeek
Mar 30, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 18
And as usual, they also charge full retail. I have looked around there a couple of times at stuff but everything costs too much there.

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #3 of 18
they do have some interesting stuff there though. I like to go through their selection now and then, though I never buy anything there.

btw, they also carry the iGrill.

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:24 AM Post #4 of 18
Wow, I want an iGrill!
biggrin.gif

[My useless posts have gone up in the last couple days... Coicidentally, 1500 approacheth! Hmmm.]

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:44 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by fiddler
Wow, I want an iGrill!
biggrin.gif

then go buy it. (hint)

Mar 30, 2004 at 10:03 AM Post #6 of 18
I am shocked that the iGrill can be powered only by the USB port. You would think it would require more power than a printer.

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 18
Yeah, a friend of mine has one. It's really cool -- he can set cooking time, temperature, etc over the web (he has some Perl scripts running on Apache; the iGrill is using some hacked-together Linux drivers) and have his lunch or dinner hot and waiting as soon as he gets in the door.

Definitely an incredible deal.

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 18
I must admit the iGrill thing is pretty cool. The geek side of me is half-tempted to check this one out in a few weeks. It would be cooler to have a USB interfaced slow cooker / crock pot though!
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 18
I dunno if the iGrill is anything like the other George Foreman grills, but mine splatters a lot when it cooks stuff. Wouldn't the iGrill splatter too? I don't think that I'd want that anywhere near my computer... Not to mention the food smells that might stick to my computer.

Also, regarding that remote-on cooking, I dunno if I'd want to leave a raw hamburger patty or chicken breast or whatever just sitting there on the iGrill all day until right before I got home.. It might taste... a bit... funky.

But I did hear that in Japan they have USB powered ramen cookers... What will they think of next?
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #12 of 18
I seriously hope you guys aren't serious about wanting the iGrill... what's looflirpa spelled backwards? More to the point, what day is the 1st of April? (and yes, it's a ThinkGeek tradition. Always check their site out April 1st)

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich
I seriously hope you guys aren't serious about wanting the iGrill... what's looflirpa spelled backwards? More to the point, what day is the 1st of April? (and yes, it's a ThinkGeek tradition. Always check their site out April 1st)

ahh... you spoiled the fun.
smily_headphones1.gif
I was hinting that people should go add it to their cart, but no one ever did I guess. it is quite funny though.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #14 of 18
Yeah, I suppose I shoulda kept my mouth shut. But stupidity (no, wait, ignorance) always makes me want to say something
biggrin.gif

And you're right, it is hilarious. The first time I saw ThinkGeek's looflirpa page, I tried buying something. Hilarity ensues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back