Etymotic's repairs?
Mar 31, 2004 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

k2zed

New Head-Fier
My friends Er4's need to be sent in for repair, and I was wondering if anyone knew how much ety charges to have repairs done. He was going to throw them away and i told him I want it, but I want to know if it is worth it to have them fixed. Ety is closed right now so I was hoping somone here has delt with their repair service before. Thanks

Mar 31, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Depends on what's broken, they're usually pretty reasonable though and I would think the repair would be way cheaper than the 4s.

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 5
I can't imagine that Ety would charge more than $100 before shipping to repair/replace one driver. In fact, they routinely repair items damaged through owner error and mishandling free of charge (or so Head-Fi'ers claim). Irregardless, it certainly would be worth sending them in for repair rather than spending >$200 for new ones. He might even be able to get them to throw on the new braided cable as part of the repair/upgrade. If he does feel like getting new ones he can send the broken ones to me.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 5
The people at Etymotics are the best. I can tell you from personal experience that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by at least shipping them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back