Etymotic MC3/HF3 release date?
Jun 19, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #61 of 76
At least for the MC5, they are shipping. I ordered the red ones. UPS delivery date is 6/22 (received a tracking number).

Code:
 Order Details: Quantity Number Description UnitPrice TotalPrice 1 ER7-MC5-RED MC-5 Earphone - Red $79.00 $79.00 Sub Total: $79.00 Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $6.00 Grand Total: $85.00

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #62 of 76

Quote:
The ironic thing is for $79 I am not too tempted thinking how good could it possible sound?  Like I think I would be more tempted and excited if it was priced at $200.  Strange....

If it's the Best Under $100 I guess they will have achieved their goal.

Look forward to impressions and comparisons to HF5.

Yeah @ Spyro, I really don't think you can formulate a fair opinion regarding they will sound like based on price. IEMs are marked up way high in the first place; and Eytmotic has way more competition than when they first started. This is a new concept for them, so I think it's a smart marketing move by them to make the prices more competitive. Also, technology has drastically improved among these toys in a short period of time. I have the Radius DDM, and it sounds like an IEM I would have easily paid $250 to $300 for a couple of years ago. It's only $150. The HF5 was like $110 or $120 when I purchased it. I thought the price was worth it. It soon dropped to under $100 just months after I bought it. So I think all of those things have to be taken into consideration. Happy listening.

Aug 16, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #65 of 76
Anyone notice that the MC3 page on Ety's website has now gone live? The store lists every model as out of stock though...

Aug 16, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #66 of 76
The MC5 is very, very good for the price. Heck, good period. I don't miss my full-size cans at all when I'm listening to them.

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #67 of 76

Quote:
16 août 2010 17:55
ate 16 août 2010 17:55
objet New Product Announcement - Etymotic's 3-button Apple® control with in-line microphone - hf3 & mc3

[size=x-small]Dear Etymotic Customer:[/size] 
[size=x-small]As requested, we are pleased to inform you that our hf3 and mc3 products (3-button Apple® control with in-line microphone) are now available to purchase from our on-line store -[/size][size=x-small]http://www.etymotic.com/[/size][size=x-small] [/size]
[size=x-small]If you require additional assistance, please contact Customer Service:[/size] 
[size=x-small]Tollfree:  # 888-289-6684[/size] 
[size=x-small]Email:  customer-service@etymotic.com[/size] 
[size=x-small]Regards,
Charlene Clements 
Manager, Customer Service 
Etymotic Research, Inc. 
61 Martin Lane 
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 
847-228-0006 
847-228-6836 fax  
In-Ear: Invented here.
[/size]

Quote:
[size=x-small]Dear Etymotic Customer:[/size] 
[size=x-small]We are temporarily sold out.  As soon as we have more stock, I will advise.[/size]
[size=x-small]Regards,[/size] 
[size=x-small]Charlene Clements
Manager, Customer Service 
Etymotic Research, Inc.
61 Martin Lane
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
[/size]
[size=x-small]www.etymotic.com[/size]
[size=x-small]847-228-0006  fax 847-228-6836
c_clements@etymotic.com
In Ear: Invented Here.
[/size]

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #68 of 76
Etymotic posted on their Facebook page last week that the MC3 and HF3 would be available on August 16th. I checked several times in the morning yesterday, nothing yet, then got an email that it was live. I placed an order within the next 10 minutes and immediately got a confirmation email and order number. 3 hours later got an email saying everything was sold out. 2 hours after that got an email saying my order was cancelled.

I'm thinking Etymotic got sick of people asking when these are going to be released and just put up the web site and said everything is sold out. I doubt they even had any real stock to sell. Was anyone able to buy a pair? 

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #69 of 76
I do know Ety is having difficulty fulfilling their current order of MC5 fast enough. It seems they didn't expect the new MC series to be such a hot sale.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #70 of 76

Quote:
I do know Ety is having difficulty fulfilling their current order of MC5 fast enough. It seems they didn't expect the new MC series to be such a hot sale.

I'm surprised at their surprise. Sound that accurate at such a low price is not easy to find. These things are going to be a huge hit.

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #71 of 76

Quote:
The MC5 is very, very good for the price. Heck, good period. I don't miss my full-size cans at all when I'm listening to them.

Well i don't know about that.  I took my MC5 to bed the other night and after a few minutes kept staring at my headphones.  Yeah I swapped them out.  They do sound very good though, especially for the price.  I think they will drop in price even more eventually.  $60 range probably

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #75 of 76

Quote:
Nevermind amazon has them.  Are there are sonic differences between the mc3 and the mc5? 

There shouldn't be any difference - there's no difference between the HF5 and the HF3/HF2, which is the corresponding pair in BA etymotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back