Etymotic ignoring emails? (surely not)
May 28, 2004 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chris T

Head-Fier
I was in correspondence with Russ from Etymotic a few months ago about returning (yet again) my ER-4s, this time because of the cable insulation cracking. They had agreed to replace the cable free of charge, but I was unclear about the return carriage, so I wrote again. I have since sent two further emails which have been ignored! Has anyone else been ignored by Etymotic or should I take this personally?

The phones sound great.... but if I send them back to Etymotic it will be the second time at £50 a go (with insurance). They do not appear to be as durable as I had been led to believe and I am disappointed to say the least. Had I known that these phones would cost me an extra £100 over 18 months I would never have purchased them.
blink.gif

May 28, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
I was in correspondence with Russ from Etymotic a few months ago about returning (yet again) my ER-4s, this time because of the cable insulation cracking. They had agreed to replace the cable free of charge, but I was unclear about the return carriage, so I wrote again. I have since sent two further emails which have been ignored! Has anyone else been ignored by Etymotic or should I take this personally?

The phones sound great.... but if I send them back to Etymotic it will be the second time at £50 a go (with insurance). They do not appear to be as durable as I had been led to believe and I am disappointed to say the least. Had I known that these phones would cost me an extra £100 over 18 months I would never have purchased them.
blink.gif

How are you sending them? From the UK you can send by Royal Mail Airsure to the US. It should cost about £8 (inc. a £1 fee for insurance up to £500). I sent my impressions to Ultimate Ears last week and it took 3 working days to Nevada. They quote 4-5 days to the US.

May 28, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the prompt reply Big D. I didn't know about Royal Mail Airsure, but I wonder if it fits Etymotic's requirements as they say ... "Send them via an insured and trackable shipping method (like UPS or FedEx).

My other problem is that as we are renovating the house, I cannot find my original receipt from Headroom at the moment and they ask for a receipt too. If only they would answer my emails
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back