Etymotic HF3's or RHA MA750i
Jun 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JOKPAX11

New Head-Fier
Having trouble deciding whether I should get the Etymotic HF3's or the RHA MA750i. They both have positive reviews! I want to get some headphones for listening to soundtracks, so clarity is very important, but I do like some bass in my headphones.
What do you guys think?

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 6
as per your pm

hf3 v ma750, well they are very different. the hf3 is a deep insertion, high isolation iem and the 750 is a shallow fit. net everyone loves the brain implant depth of etys. sound wise its rather neutral, ie its very bass light for most people. so much so that id say unless you know thats what you want then its likely to come as a real shock to the ear.

the 750 is super sturdy and solid. its very comfortable fit wise and has an acoustic signature thats more typical. ie its got bass that will be more what people are used to. its very good audio quality wise too.

so id say if your having to ask about the two then unless you have a pressing need for extreme isolation then the sensible option is go for the ma750

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 6
The Etymotics' triple flange tips hurt my brain when I try and insert them. Comply tips are much better for me but just get the RHA if you don't want to be getting Complys all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back