Etymotic HF2 Vs. HF5
Dec 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Peppermint Duck

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sure this question may have been raised before, but the reason I ask is because you can get the HF2's on Amazon for around £65 (and the HF5's for about £70) and on release the RRP of the HF2's was much higher.

I don't currently own an iPhone, but will the sound controller/microphone on the HF2's work with other devices (including HTC phones) and other mp3 players or on a computer?

Am I right in saying that sonically these two headphones sound the same?

I heard the HF2's in a shop in LAX and was considering buying them then and there, but realised they were massively over priced so I though I'd pick them up later...but now I'm thinking maybe the HF5's could be a better option if they offer something more?

Also, at this price point if there is anything else that competes I'd be interested to hear. It always helps to be able to hear them yourself, but if anyone feels that strongly about another model do let me know.

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 5
I've been reading up on the differences between the hf5 and hf2 and it seems the only difference according to other headfiers is the mic on the hf2. 
The SQ is the same on both. 
Don't know if the controller/mic will work on htc etc...

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 5
True, but from what I've heard the HF3's are pretty much exactly the same with an updated controller, and certainly not worth the 2x price over the HF2's.

Don't think the controller on the HF2's would really get in the way, so getting them over the HF5's for £5 cheaper seems to make sense if they're sonically similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back