Etymotic EVO: World Tour
May 8, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #16 of 232
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review: RME ADI-2, ifi Black Label iMicro, Meridian HPA, Shanling M6
  • Link to your other reviews: https://www.head-fi.org/members/gikigill.285185/#showcase-reviews
  • List other Etymotic products you reviewed or owned: Currently own the following: ER4XR, ER4P, HF5, ER2XR.
Happy to go as the lead for Australasia if other headfiers from Aus/NZ join in.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #17 of 232
[EDIT] No longer interested, so removing myself from the list

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #19 of 232
Oh, I am looking forward to this product. I would love to write a review of them.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #21 of 232
Amidst what may be very fierce and fantastic competition, I'll toss my hat into the ring and apply for the tour. Best of luck to everybody involved!

Location - Los Angeles, CA, USA

Source Gear
  • OnePlus 8T (with ddhifi TC35b)
  • Google Pixel 3
  • Various iPhones, from the 7 Plus to the X Pro Max
  • Cayin N5iiS
  • Astell & Kern SR25
  • Sansa Clip
  • Xduoo X3
  • Shanling M0
  • iBasso CF01 TWS adapters (if one for the new connectors can be sourced)
  • Monoprice Monolith THX 788 Desktop DAC/amp
  • Little Bear B4-X "portable" mini-tube amplifier
  • FiiO E12a portable headphone amplifier
  • Headroom Total Airhead battery-powered headphone amplifier
  • Topping D30
  • A neophyte audio friend who will have free reign on all of the above
Link to other reviews:
Other Etymotic Products:
  • ER-4P
  • ER4XR
  • Many, many pairs of Etyplugs over the years
  • Etymotion BT adapter

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #22 of 232
Location (City & Country)
  • Denver, Colorado
  • Pretty much anything made by iFi xD
  • I do not write reviews, but am heavily active on this forum and am often asked about recommended pairings with IEMs as it is my specialty. I would happily put the Evo on my consistently recommended list if it holds up to my expectations. Additionally, I'd be happy to submit more formal feedback directly to folks at Ety.
  • None, I'm pretty dang unbiased when it comes to Ety things so I hope the Evo will be my first experience with the company!

May 10, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #23 of 232
Love Etymotics. On my second pair.
  • Oneplus 6, Neutron Player, Fiio BTR5, Ifi Zen DAC V2
  • Link to your other reviews
  • Owned ER4XR, currently own ER2XR

May 12, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #24 of 232
Interested as a environmental scientist, thus a longest possible product life cycle, I would like to review the EVO. I promise I will not apply destructive testing methods :)
  • Source gear: 24 bit HD output on Surface Pro 3/4, Workstation, Samsung S10e, POCO F3, 16 bit HiFi output on 90's Japanese-built Technics system, Panasonic home cinema receiver.
  • No reviews written on IEMs, but I am familiar with the subjective side of things related to FR and reflections in PDEs like wave equations.
  • Used many non-Etymotic IEMs till the amazing ER4XR.

May 12, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #25 of 232
Definitely interested! I've participated in review tours in the past (Clear Tune Monitors, Hifiman) and looking forward to participate in some more! My reviews are thorough, upfront and honest and are accompanied by decent product photos.

May 18, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #26 of 232
Oh boy, an Etymotic tour! Hopefully I can jump in :) Those shells are some eyecandy I'd love to photograph.

May 20, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #27 of 232
Good luck to everyone!
  • Source gear: Xiaomi Mi 9T, iFi Micro Black Label, Violectric HPA V200
  • Haven't done any reviews because of school but...there is always a first time!
  • Unfortunately i never tried any of the iems that Etymotic offers, but i have always been curious about them

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #28 of 232
Good news all around:
Etymotic is now a Head-Fi sponsor, and the EVO world tour is now back on track.
Registration was extended by a week to June 6.

Jun 2, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #29 of 232
I'm also interested in the tour.
Audio source: LG G7 Thinq.
Other Ety products I've owned: ER4XR and loads of Eartips Triple Flange that I really like!

Jun 3, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #30 of 232
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review: Burson Playmate 2, Radsone ES100, Music Hall 25.2 DAC, Music Hall PH25.2 Amp
  • Link to your other reviews: https://www.head-fi.org/members/dosley01.48003/#showcase-reviews
  • List other Etymotic products you reviewed or owned: Currently own the following: ER3XR, previously owned ER6i and Altec Lansing IM716 (Ety Made)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back