Etymotic ER6i vs. Etymotic HF5 vs. Mylarones X3 vs. Sunrise SW-Xcape
Feb 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

johny

New Head-Fier
Which one is best overall?

- I think they should be easy to drive as I'm using them with a cheap tablet.

- Clarity concerns me more than anything else.

- I don't want anything very expensive (i.e. about 100$ is fine.)

- I've read this: "It's the closest thing there is to injecting the music right into your brain." And I want one (of these) that does just that :D

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Between the HF5 and SW-Xcape, the HF5 is a better, but the SW-Xcape is great for the price.  Don't know the MylarOne (is it still available?), and the HF5 is bigger sounding than the older ER6i.  SW-Xcape does not isolate as well as the HF5, if that is important to you.

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 6
Be careful about the Xcape if that's the one you' ll go for. The newer version Xcape v2 is on the market since last week and the sound signature of v1 and v2 is somehow different. A review of Xcape v2 should be out soon.

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I will get the SW-Xcape then.

How do I know that this seller: http://www.gd-audiobase.com is legit?

It's a good seller. The sell Fischer Audio products that many members on the forum bought from them. I bought Fischer FA-003 from them with no problems. The customer service is friendly and responsive.

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Heard the Xcape v1 before and i find it to be very versatile in that although details are abound,
it presents it in such a way that doesn't sound analytical. So, it allows you as a listener to listen to it casually or when you want to analytically.
Unlike certain IEMs which tend to present their sound in a very clinical form, taking the musicality out of them.
Like what bynekm said, it might be a good idea to hold out for a bit till some reviews of the v2 are out.
That way, i believe you can still source out the v1 if the v2 doesn't probably sound like what you might desire signature wise.
I do like to inform you that the build is really cheap and the unit that i listened to broke down soon after it was purchased. However, they did do a quick replacement for it through the distributor in Singapore. So if a cheap build and reliability is not an issue, the v1 is definitely a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back