Etymotic ER4-XR & ER4-SR Head-Fi Reviewers Wanted.
Oct 14, 2016 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Tony-Hifi

Member of the Trade: HiFi Headphones

Hifiheadphones and Etymotic are pleased to announce that we will shortly be sending out our  Etymotic ER4-SR and ER4-XR earphones on tour for Head-fi'ers to try out and review. 

We're looking to arrange a mini tour within the United Kingdom. We would like five volunteers to try the ER4-XR and ER4-SR, write a review and then send them on to the next reviewer.

To apply, simply copy, paste and complete the info below in a reply in this thread. We’ll close applications in seven days time and then choose and contact the selected reviewers. I will co-ordinate these tours and will be your point of contact for any questions.

Head-Fi username:
Location (City within the UK):
Etymotic products previously used:
Source gear:
Link to a previous review:

Terms:

• Each tour member is responsible for shipping the headphones to the next person in the program. You will be reimbursed for shipping costs after receiving a photograph of a postage receipt.
• Tour members must provide real names and addresses for tour purposes.
• Tracking numbers are required for shipments between tour members.
• Standard tour listening periods will be ten days. If you think this turnaround is too quick or inconvenient, please contact me to discuss your situation. Please note due to the length of time it takes to complete a review tour and with limited stock it’s difficult to offer more than 10 days per reviewer unless otherwise discussed prior to the beginning of the tour. 
• Tour members should notify via Head-fi message when the headphones are received/posted.
• Tour members are asked to take good care of the headphones, packaging and accessories.
• Tour members agree to write a review of the ER4-XR and ER4-SR in the Head Gear section of Head-Fi.org
• Users who do not follow these terms or do not submit a review will not be considered for further tours.

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 36
Ah... too bad this is limited to the UK. I have fond memories of the ER-4S's.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 36
Head-Fi username: malifact
Location (City within the UK): London
Etymotic products previously used: ER-6 and ER-4PT
Source gear: LG V10 smarphone, iBasso DX50, MacBook Air
Link to a previous review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711878/beyerdynamic-is-looking-for-testers-who-want-to-check-out-our-new-flagship-in-ear/105#post_10482945; http://www.head-fi.org/t/810362/vivo-xplay-5-review-very-impressive-audio

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 36
Head-Fi username: CraftyClown
Etymotic products previously used: ER4P & ER4S
Source gear: Questyle QP1R and Ifi IDSD
Link to a previous review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-ican-headphone-amplifier/reviews/10316

I would love the opportunity to be part of this tour as Etymotic IEMs have always had a special place in my heart. The ER4P was my first ever IEM many years ago and the first step on the slippery slope of audiophilia  
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 36
Hi Tony

Head-Fi username: Deftone
Location (City within the UK): Stoke
Etymotic products previously used: None
Source gear: Chord mojo, Galaxy S6
Link to a previous review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundaware-esther/reviews/17033

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 36
Head-Fi username: leaky74
Location (City within the UK): Chorley/Preston
Etymotic products previously used: HF3
Source gear: Home: MacBook Air, Chord Mojo, AudioQuest NightHawks Mobile: Iphone 6sPlus, Sennheiser Momentum IE
Link to a previous review: Sorry, no previous reviews. This would be my first! :)

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #8 of 36
Head-Fi username: mark2410
Location (City within the UK): Edinburgh
Etymotic products previously used: Erm various, er4p, the hf5 maybe 3, and the err sucky one with the dynamic driver
Source gear: stuff, many many stuffs, many additional impedance adapters too.

Oct 19, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 36
I'm not in the UK but I have to ask: What has changed with the new Etymotic models?  Is it a new driver, housing, tuning...?  As an owner of previous Etymotic IEMs I'd like to know if I should be adding these to my collection.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #10 of 36
  I'm not in the UK but I have to ask: What has changed with the new Etymotic models?  Is it a new driver, housing, tuning...?  As an owner of previous Etymotic IEMs I'd like to know if I should be adding these to my collection.

new driver, er4sr have the same tuning like the er4s, er4xr have some bass boost

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #11 of 36

Detachable cables

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #12 of 36
Looks like these are direct competition for Final's F series headphones. Interested to hear impressions, Isolation and SQ are by far my prioritized features. I mght even get an ER4XR to compare to my F4100s. Both single BA, both detachable cables, both tiny aluminum housings, and both with top tier isolation.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #13 of 36
Looks like these are direct competition for Final's F series headphones. Interested to hear impressions, Isolation and SQ are by far my prioritized features. I mght even get an ER4XR to compare to my F4100s. Both single BA, both detachable cables, both tiny aluminum housings, and both with top tier isolation.

i think theres a good chance both etymotic models would leave the F7200 in the dust.

i will put a comparison in my review (only from memory though so bear that in mind)

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #14 of 36
Head-Fi username: Head1
Etymotic products previously used: None
Source gear: Dell Latitude, Sony NWZ A729, Oppo Find 7A.
Link to a previous review: no reviews but currently use the Philips Fidelio L2 headphones and Oppo MH124 iems. Have auditioned Sennheiser HD600, HD700, Beyerdynamic T90, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0, B&W P7, B&O H6 and Linn Klimax Exakt room-fitted hifi system. Preferred music - mainly classical, acoustic, pop and bit of everything else.

Oct 22, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #15 of 36
Head-Fi username:  Takeanidea

Location (City within the UK): Liskeard

Etymotic products previously used: ER4P

Source gear: 
Dac -Chord Mojo
Dap - Ibasso DX100 / Colorfly C3 / Ipod Classic 160 Gb
Phone - Motorola Moto G4

Link to a previous review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-ie800/reviews/16803

Would be great to work with you Tony under the new way forward - you have listened to what we need as reviewers and your terms and conditions are enabling those of us within the Community to have a family life and work balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back