Etymotic ER4-P owners: what volume do you listen at?
Sep 21, 2002 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
I know this is hard to compare, but I'd just like to get an estimate so that I'm not listening too loud. On my Panasonic 570 (2x9mw@16ohms I believe) I have the volume somewhere between 1 and 1.5 out of 10. On my Headmaster I usually have them somewhere at 5-10% or below. Is this too much?

Sep 21, 2002 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 2
I normally listen to my music at fairly high levels on most phones. I have found that the Etymotics do allow me to listen at far lower volumes than any others though. I certainly wouldn't be too concerned about the levels that you listen at - I have the Panasonic 570 and regularly listen to the Ety's at levels far higher than yours.

I have found that with the Ety's you can start listening at low levels and then gently ramp the volume up until you find the right 'sound'. I would recommend that you don't particularly focus on what 'number' you are on - trust your ears!

It's fair to say that the Etymotics have the potential to save your ears from too much abuse of loud music - even headbangers like me can enjoy music at much lower volumes with them.

Perhaps they should be given out free by our National Health Service as preventative medicine.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back