Etymotic ER-6 vs. Beyerdynamic 250-80
Sep 13, 2002 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MadDog5145

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of closed headphones under $200 and I have narrowed my choices to these two. I do not have the oppurtunity to audition either of these headphones so I will have to rely on your opinions to decide. I listen mostly to rock and a little bit of hip hop/rap and I do like the sound of the Koss KSC 35.

Portability is not an issue because I will be using these headphones mainly in my dorm.

I am concerned with the fit of the ER-6 because my earholes are kinda small.

Any recommendations?

Sep 13, 2002 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 3
I have both of these phones. The ER6 always seem to lack a little in bass when comparing them to the Koss 35's. I do like the clarity of the mids and highs they have but after listening to my KSC35/50 the ER6 seems to lack bass. I listen to one after the other about every other day. The KSC's for a couple of hours at the hotel then the ER6 when I get to work. I finally boosted the bass on the Slimx to compensate. (Slimx/ER6 and Panasonic 570/KSC50) always with a Total AIrhead.

Beyer DT250-80. These to me seem to be much better at rock n roll music. They are a bit dark but the bass comes through cleaner and less up front than the Koss 35's. If you like the 35's you will like the Beyers. I use mine at home with everything form the computer to the portables to the DVD player. I enjoy watching tv while listening to music through the headphones. The wife has the tv volume kinda loud, and when the music is set to a comfortable level I can't hear the tv except between tracks or maybe a little during the quieter sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back