Etymotic ER-4P, where to buy?
Jun 11, 2005 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ref

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some store that sells Etymotic ER-4P to Slovakia (Central Europe) ... i found only one - http://www.4yourears.com/ - and it sells 4P for whole 230 € with tax w/o shipping. Can you recommend me some shop which ships here and sells it cheaper? I see it going for 210$ in some shops but they don't ship here and i can't find any other which does
rolleyes.gif

Also, should i go for ER-4P or ER-4S? I don't have an amp. Should i measure max. voltage coming out of my portable?

Jun 11, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Sorry but I have no clue what store shipp to Slovakia.

I would recomend the ER4P for portable applications though. It is clearly the better ER4 for portable applications, not only because of its lower impedence, but also because of its slight difference in sound. THe diffirence in sound shouldn't be terably noticable on the go however. ER4P is my recomendation, but asside from the impedence diffirence, on the go there is going to be little difference in the sound. ONly sitting at home will the sounds diffirence be terably noticable. That impedence diffirence, and subsequent volume diffirence is what is important in your case.

Jun 11, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref
Also, should i go for ER-4P or ER-4S? I don't have an amp. Should i measure max. voltage coming out of my portable?

Unless your portable is a vintage Sony PCDP there is little chance of it giving the 4S what they need
wink.gif
Go with the 4P, you can always upgrade them to 4S later with as little as a 75Ohm resistor. There are cables made for this purpose (do a search) and some amps by Xin come with a switchable resistor for exactly this purpose.

Jun 12, 2005 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 7
OK, i'll go for ER-4P.

Does anyone have any experience with 4yourears.com?

People please look if your favourite european store which sells ER-4 ships to Slovakia please
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref
OK, i'll go for ER-4P.

Does anyone have any experience with 4yourears.com?

People please look if your favourite european store which sells ER-4 ships to Slovakia please
frown.gif

I'm down in New Zealand and got my Ety's shipped from earphonesolutions.com - They are happy to ship things out Internationally. (They have the ER-4P's on sale for US$238.00).

I've also got phones from Headroom.

If Slovakia isn't on their list of countries I suggest you try e-mailing them and asking as they are both great to deal with and a fair bit cheaper than Europe.

Let me know how you get on Ref.

ZT

Jun 12, 2005 at 5:02 PM Post #6 of 7
I sent them an email.
However, what fees will i have to pay if ordering from USA? Only tax and customs fee when the product enters my country?

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref
I sent them an email.
However, what fees will i have to pay if ordering from USA? Only tax and customs fee when the product enters my country?

Yes, you will have to pay customs and tax (DPH + clo + dovozna prirazka), which is about 25% if the declared value is over EUR 40 I think. Maybe ask the seller to declare lower value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back