etymotic er-20 baby blue
Dec 22, 2007 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

eruditass

Previously known as DoomzDayz
Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•20 High Fidelity Earplugs

has anyone tried the baby-blues? my ears are the smaller variety and full triflanges end up hurting after a while. However, nothing matches the isolation of three flanges, although biflanges are more comfortable.

I'm thinking of ordering some for concerts and also maybe to try on my iems. do they have the same size nozzle? how do they compare to biflanges?

maybe i will just order the original for much cheaper and put biflanges on them. thats possible, right?

Dec 22, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 13
I haven't tried the earplugs, but use the blue tips on my ER4Ps and love them. I'd tried mini foamies, cutting the regular flanges, tyring the Shure olives, etc, but either the seal wasn't there or they were painfully ill-fitting. I ordered the blue ones from HeadRoom a couple weeks ago and have been wearing my Etys more than I have in the past year and a half. They seem like they were made for my ears. Perfect comfort and good seal. Best I've had, but YMMV.

Dec 22, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 13
thats good news, youd think you'd hear more about blue tri's around here if theyw orked so well.

how much come in one $14 order? for white it says 10, is it also 10 for the baby blue? while for the same price you can get the er-20 baby blue (but only 1 set of flanges?)

also, how the heck do i put olive foamies on the im716? the nozzle is so big. i can put flanges on them because they stretch, but the tubing on the olives is pretty hard. i got one on but the tube closes at the end a little bit due to the stretching

Dec 22, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 13
They come ten to a pack. The ER-20s are actual earplugs so that's why you only get one.

I know one other person who got the baby blues and told me about them. He likes them as well. I think they're pretty new so maybe people just don't know, or maybe most people don't have small canals.

I have never seen im716s (aren't they supposed to be rebranded Etys or something similar?) so I can't help you there. The olive foamies fit right on to my ER4s.

Jan 6, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #6 of 13
gah i went to a loud ass rock bar with some live music for like 3 hours and really wish i had bought these earlier. any third party places selling these yet? shipping puts me at $20 and that's just one pair.. i'd like several for my friends. are they the same as the regular version except the smaller flanges ie can i use the regular version with say small foamies for more comfort? does it effect FR?

and am i supposed to slide them as deep as possible (like i can slide them much further if i use olive oil)? will olive oil mess up the filters and FR much like it does if you get IEM filters with earwax/oil? will moderate insertion affect the frequency response?

and lastly.. has anyone tried MusicSafe "HiFi" Earplugs ?

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 13
I was intrigued by these baby blues for wearing with Etys but I have heard they are extreemly small, like for infants.

Can anyone confirm? Why would they make them so small?

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 13
well i'm a fully grown adult (nearly)

and they fit perfectly in my ears so they're not that small

maybe i just have really small canals?

i can take a photo for comparison if you'd like i own both the regular ER-20s and the baby blues

Jan 7, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i'm a fully grown adult (nearly)

i can take a photo for comparison if you'd like i own both the regular ER-20s and the baby blues

That would be great! I am particularly interested in how they compare in size to the supplied regular Ety tri-flanges if you happen to have those for comparison.

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be great! I am particularly interested in how they compare in size to the supplied regular Ety tri-flanges if you happen to have those for comparison.

nope, don't own any IEMs

some pics:

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 13
I've been using the blue tips with my Etys for little over a month now and I absolutely love them. Though I've never had any real comfort issues with the regular tri-flanges, the blue ones are much more comfortable and they provide just as good seal for me. Also, they're soooo much easier to insert than regular tri-flanges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone else selling them but Headroom. The $10 shipping on a $14 product is a bit much.

Try giving them a call - I'm sure you'll be able to work something out with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back