Ety er4p or Shure E4c
May 31, 2005 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GiMione

Head-Fier
I am looking into buying some headphones and I am torn between the Shure e4c and the Ety Er4p. I will be using a 3g Ipod and I listen to all music with a little emphasis on alt rock. I am leaving for Russia in about a week so I don't have alota time to be testing different headphones. I love the ety's high detail, but I think the sound is a little thin (only heard the ety6i). I heard the shures have a "fun" sound, but is it a big trade of in terms of clarity and definition? (sorry for the layman's terms) I haven't heard the shures yet. I just need some real reason to choose one or the other. (sound quality is Superior across all bands for one pair, for example) any personal pref. would help, especially from someone who's owned both.

Oh ya, what would play the Mars Volta, Radiohead & Bjork better, cuz they all sound really crazy - in that good way of course.

May 31, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 7
Have not heard or seen the shure E4c. However I have heard the E3, the ER6i, and the ER4, and I find the E3 more enjoyable than the ER4. The midrange, and bass gives you a very involving enjoyable sound while the ER4 gives you a boring, lifeless, though impressively detailed sound. According to what I have read the E4c have that full shure sound with ety detai, which leads me to think they are the pair to get.

May 31, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 7
I haven't heard the er4, so I can't say which is better.

But, I can confidently say that the e4c's will fit your needs well. I listen to some mars volta and found it lacking with the er6i's. The e4c's do much better in this regard.

The e4c's treble rolloff is far less than most of the shure line.

May 31, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver
According to what I have read the E4c have that full shure sound with ety detai, which leads me to think they are the pair to get.

That sounds like I can get the best of both worlds with the e4c's then...

May 31, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GiMione
That sounds like I can get the best of both worlds with the e4c's then...

Remember that I have only heard the E3 from the shure line. What I said about the shure E4c sound is only based on what I have read. Another good choice would be to wait to see how the Ultimate Ears superfi pro or EB are. These to UE models are also at the same price range + they are dual driver.

The UE models: http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/...5_superfi.html

May 31, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 7
ER4s are more detailed with better highs and lows than the E3Cs. I have both and the ER4s have clearly superior sound quality and detail. If the E4Cs do, in fact, have the Shure "sound," then they will also have rolled-off highs. However, I have read on this forum that they do not suffer from the lack of highs as the E3s and E5s do, but they still do not have the same level of detail as the Etys.

May 31, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #7 of 7
the superfi's look very promising. there comin out in a few weeks? i read somehwere that they are already shipping...I wonder if i can get my hands on a pair in a week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back