Ety Er-4P vs Shure E4C
Jul 12, 2005 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

-Paolo-

100+ Head-Fier
With all this headphone confusion I've been through, I needed to ask.

Which cannalphone is best for transit and also at home?

I couldn't help but wonder what some of your input would be.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 12, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 6
i have the ety er6i and it is reputed to sound close to the er4p. i have the e4c also.

the ety has a clearer and more transparent top end. it is more analytical and clinical.

the e4c has excellent midrange but the highs are not as detailed as the ety. the e4c also sounds more musical than analytical.

Jul 12, 2005 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 6
The ER4 has a sparkling bright, airy, extremely detailed sound. The E4 has a warmer, punchier sound, with slightly subdued highs, a more forward midrange, and a bit more heft to the bottom end.

If you don't like a bright sound signature, get the E4.

I prefer the ER4, but it also takes more effort to get a great seal. The E4 is a bit more forgiving in that regard and is a bit easier to use. Also, it's less microphonic overall.

Jul 12, 2005 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 6
I just sold my ER-4p recently. I'm keeping my E4c and very happy. I prefer the fuller sound of E4c. E4c is much more balanced than E3, so no worried about the roll-off highs. I don't have good enough songs and equiptment to notice a resolution/detail difference between E4c and ER-4p.

Jul 13, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 6
What source will you be using? The ER-4P works OK straight out of a portable player, but can lack bass and sound thin on certain kinds of music. Although designed to address the portable market, it really demands an amp to sound great IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back