Ety 3 flange replacement for ER 4PT's
Sep 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Guppy_

100+ Head-Fier
So i've just busted my second pair of 3 flange tips (large) that came in box with my pair of Etymotic ER4PT's.  I've googled and found they sell replacement on amazon and in their own webpage:

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-ER38-18-3-Flange-Replacement/dp/B006WT2AD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378757421&sr=8-1&keywords=er4+replacement+tip

However, everyone seems to complain that they're smaller than the ones shipped OEM. So i've grown frightened of buying, specially at amazon, because i'll have 10 pairs that fit smaller than  they should, i've contacted several buyers on amazon that apparently own ER4 but haven't got a reply.

So, my question is, has any ER4 user bought these tips and are they true to size or are they actually smaller (from a lot of er-6's users)

If not, What would be you head-fiers recommendation, please note, I use the 3 flange tips for maximum isolotion and therefor, lower volume, so foam tips are out of the equation, as I've found for me, they don't isolate as much as the 3 flange (large) tips.

Sep 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 6
I have a set of unused triple flange size Large that came with my HF2 that I never used (I prefer the glider foam tips). PM me and you can have the pair for free assuming your shipping address within CONUS.

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 6
  I'd shoot an email over to Etymotic customer service with your concerns. From what i've heard about them, i'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

I think this is a good idea.

I have a set of unused triple flange size Large that came with my HF2 that I never used (I prefer the glider foam tips). PM me and you can have the pair for free assuming your shipping address within CONUS.

Man that's awesome of you! Thanks seriously!

Sadly, I live in Honduras, Central America. I get stuffed shipped via a courier, so i'd rather buy the 10 package and pay the $15 it takes to get here, instead of using those $15 for 1 free pair. But man, you've made my day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back