ethernet media streaming
Apr 22, 2004 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Voodoochile

Supafly & The Funky Pimps
I'm wondering if anyone has pulled the trigger on the DLink DSM-320 ?

For a while now I have looked at the slimp/squeezebox as well as audiotron, neither really does it for me. This looks pretty cool, but it's very new, so I'm wondering if anyone has jumped in yet?

I'm looking to principally stream WMA from a local server, but this also handles mpeg2/4 and avi, and has component video out, so should be pretty versatile. Anyone?

Apr 22, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Well I'm still waiting on my Roku Soundbridge http://www.rokulabs.com that should be shipped hopefully by month's end. It has already been delayed by 2 months. Pretty much the slimserver with a nicer look and better output specs (less need to use a seperate DAC). They also have media streamer too but have no interest in.

Apr 22, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 5
I have a central server and several other computers networked together with it. I have a Media PC (Home theater mostly) hooked up to my TV. I plan to have a small LCD hooked up to it with a cloned/mirrored desktop (dual monitor video card) of what goes to the TV, so you don't have to use the TV to do things on the computer. All are just running Win2K or Win XP. All are running rock solid. My server and Media PC run 24/7.

I've had Foobar access APE files across a 100Mbps network just fine. Without having to boost Foobar's buffering from default. In fact I even has two computers access the same file at the same time, and there were no hiccups.

Video is another story. I am upgrading my network to Gigabit, though.......

-Ed

Apr 22, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I am upgrading my network to Gigabit, though.......

I was supposed to do that along with upgrades such as video cards... but then I started Head-Fi and here I am ignoring all that and buying headphones, amps, and sources.
biggrin.gif
not that it is a bad thing, I just wish I had more money.
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2004 at 11:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I was supposed to do that along with upgrades such as video cards... but then I started Head-Fi and here I am ignoring all that and buying headphones, amps, and sources.
biggrin.gif
not that it is a bad thing, I just wish I had more money.
wink.gif

Heheh. Welcome to the club.
wink.gif

My network upgrade has been sorely neglected.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back