ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion
Mar 6, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #2,852 of 3,201
Haven't heard anything bad happening to that specific part I think.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #2,854 of 3,201
I’m planing on test driving the E2 this coming weekend with my ADI-2 DAC. I listen to rock/Prog and hoping for nice soundstage like my old HD800, hopefully with more bass extension. Does the E2 deliver with this style of music and maintain clarity? I’m narrowing down my search and these come highly recommend. My other top contenders are the HD800s and Utopia (although I’m super reluctant to pay the big bucks on them, but damn did they sound good).

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #2,855 of 3,201
I’m planing on test driving the E2 this coming weekend with my ADI-2 DAC. I listen to rock/Prog and hoping for nice soundstage like my old HD800, hopefully with more bass extension. Does the E2 deliver with this style of music and maintain clarity? I’m narrowing down my search and these come highly recommend. My other top contenders are the HD800s and Utopia (although I’m super reluctant to pay the big bucks on them, but damn did they sound good).
I can't compare to the others obviously but if you can try the perforated pad, best soundstage and a great tone.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #2,856 of 3,201
Hi. Long time lurking, not much posting. Has anyone tried the Auris Euterpe or Woo Audio WA8 with the Ether 2? Waiting for mine and wondering how they get along with tubes (and particularly these amps). Any and all thoughts are welcome. Cheers!

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #2,857 of 3,201
I have the Ether 2 and it likes a good tube amp. I have no experience with your tube amps however my Ether 2 sounds great on my Cavalli Liquid Glass and Schiit Audio Mjolnir 2.

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #2,858 of 3,201
I have the Ether 2 and it likes a good tube amp. I have no experience with your tube amps however my Ether 2 sounds great on my Cavalli Liquid Glass and Schiit Audio Mjolnir 2.
Thanks for your reply. That's encouraging. I am in the UK and the Cavalli's are very rare here so have to look for an alternative. Have my heart set on those two but it's great to know Ether 2 like tubes.

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2,859 of 3,201
If I buy an "Ether 2 System" do I get the perforated pads people are talking about? The store image is rather unclear on the three pads you get with it.

And only the "Ether 2 Special Edition" has Vivo cables, I'm guessing?

Also, I'm afraid my ears will get caught in those pads. Are there thinner, circular pads like on the Fostex TH900 available for the Ether 2?

(PS. I'm in the EU and Germany seems to be the best place to order them from, unless anyone has any other tips?)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #2,860 of 3,201
If I buy an "Ether 2 System" do I get the perforated pads people are talking about? The store image is rather unclear on the three pads you get with it.

And only the "Ether 2 Special Edition" has Vivo cables, I'm guessing?

Also, I'm afraid my ears will get caught in those pads. Are there thinner, circular pads like on the Fostex TH900 available for the Ether 2?

(PS. I'm in the EU and Germany seems to be the best place to order them from, unless anyone has any other tips?)
You will get all pads types with the ETHER 2 (stock, perf and suede). I'm pretty sure that you'll find you favorite type between the three. All ETHER 2's come with the Vivo cable.

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #2,861 of 3,201
Apr 14, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #2,862 of 3,201
Apr 16, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #2,863 of 3,201
ETHER 2 always comes with VIVO cable as far as I know. The special edition includes stand and two VIVO cable I think.

Apr 16, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #2,864 of 3,201
ETHER 2 always comes with VIVO cable as far as I know. The special edition includes stand and two VIVO cable I think.
Oh, there's a stand in one of the images and it does look nice! Unfortunately, they're sold out of that version.

I see in your signature that you have both the TH900 and THX00 Ebony, which I also have. I'm mainly concerned with the bass performance. Have you written any comparison between those and the Ether 2 with regards to bass?

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #2,865 of 3,201
Oh, there's a stand in one of the images and it does look nice! Unfortunately, they're sold out of that version.

I see in your signature that you have both the TH900 and THX00 Ebony, which I also have. I'm mainly concerned with the bass performance. Have you written any comparison between those and the Ether 2 with regards to bass?
I haven't. :)

Well, I think there is differences between planar and dynamic bass, both the TH900 and TH-X00 have bigger impact and will give a bit more texture. The ETHER 2 has much cleaner bass, but not as impactful in comparison. It's definitely not shy of bass though, especially on the default and suede pads.

Personally, I found the Fostex bass to be more fun. It works really well for EDM. That said, ETHER 2 works great as all rounder, with excellent timbre, I found everything just sound pleasant and accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back