1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MattTCG, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last
  1. mrspeakers Contributor
    Can we please avoid arguing about each others motivations and opinions? That's really not needed. Differing opinions reflect the fact that there are a huge range of tastes and a wide variance in the sound of products designed to cater to them. That's it.

Disagreements on experience and preference are normal, though flogging a dead horse and incessant repetition of an opinion are probably not terribly helpful.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://www.mrspeakers.com/ info@mrspeakers.com
    will f, Chris Kaoss, Charente and 9 others like this.
  2. MattTCG
    :deadhorse:...micro flogging :)

On a more useful and productive note...I'm finding that the pairing of ETHER 2 with the headamp gs-x mini is exquisite. One of the best headphone/amp pairing that I've owned or heard since I've been in the hobby. I will be posting some detailed notes/impressions soon in the review that I'm writing for the gs-x mini thread.

3. mrspeakers Contributor
    It's a little stunner, for sure.

MrSpeakers Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on MrSpeakers at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

4. mrspeakers Contributor

ksorota likes this.
  5. superdeedapper
    Congrats again Dan! Question though: that review found some bass rolloff when using the suede pads in the pad comparison graph. is that consistent with your/other's findings?

6. mrspeakers Contributor
    No, actually. We don't loose the sub bass. I'd have to see it to make a guess. Not heard of this from anyone else that I know of.

7. superdeedapper
    It could be their measuring equipment I suppose. After digging around, someone had some bass rolloff with the suede pads too until he ran the test again. Turns out the seal on his first run wasn't perfect. go figure.

8. zachawry
    Has anyone connected their Ether 2s to an AK SP1000M? I’m thinking about buying a Vivo cable for this.

Also, I see that they offer a 2.5mm Vivo cable, but Is this a balanced connection that can fit the AK jack (I believe there are different forms of balanced 2.5 out there)?

9. jamato8 Contributor
    I use them with the iBasso DX220 and the AMP8, excellent sound and openness.

10. bagwell359
    Well, its not pleasant to be involved in one of these hate-a-thons, not that I was. But its instructional to see how many folks have come forward. I've wanted to hear these since I heard about them. My local dealer is asleep at the wheel, so it's time for a trip to NYC.

Maelob likes this.
  11. Chidi
    How well do these headphones run off a JDS Labs Atom? I plan on buying them but can't afford a better amp at the moment.

12. bryceu
    I’ve never heard the Ether2 off an Atom amp but they definitely scale well with better gear.

Chidi likes this.
  13. Josh Condie
    Any Focal under the Ether 2 price point is going to feel like a step down in quality next to the Ether - both build and SQ, in my experience

kid vic and JM1979 like this.
  14. Josh Condie
    has their ever been an indication the Mr. Speakers would offer upgrade promotion? With all the building they are doing for drop with older models, I would think the parts might come in handy...

15. dieslemat
    Ah this is a very old post. I am not sure about an upgrade program.

Anyway I got tired with my Ether flows. Did a lot with it to make it sound better: bought the 1.1 upgrade, new pads, even tried out to use the zmf pads, used more expensive cables etc etc.
    In my opinion the efo sounded better than the efo 2.

Even when I had it for sale here in SG there were around 5 people who messaged me if i was interested to trade with them their efo 2 in exchange with my efo 1.1

Some would say that you need to pair the efo 2 with this amp or that amp, the price gets more and more expensive just to try to make it better (in terms of clarity, musicality and bass response).

I eventually settled with the Raal Requisite Sr1a.
    Blows away all of the other headphones Ive tried. And Ive tried a lot. And you dont need to pair it with expensive amps. This only proved to me that in order to get the sound you want, change the transducers.

First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165
Next

Last