ESW990H Replacement Cable?
Jul 2, 2020 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mkmossop

Head-Fier
Anyone have a good source for a replacement cable for these?

I ordered this, however just realized that it's not gonna arrive until possibly September as it's coming from China:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B089W4JCLF

I've seen some cables by NewFantasia on amazon.com, but have read that they're poorly made and short out quickly.

The other option is the upgraded cable made by audio-technica, which costs freaking $130. I'm assuming that there won't be a noticeable upgrade in audio quality from a better cable, however this guy seems to think so:

Does he know what he's talking about or is that total bs?

Anyway, I don't particularly wanna spend that much on a cable (however I could have it here tomorrow on amazon), but also don't wanna wait til September for a new one. Anyone have any good Canada or US sources for a replacement cable?

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I think you should be able to use any cable with A2DC connectors, no? Maybe use the US version of Amazon to see which one gets the most positive reviews, then change .com to .ca to find it on Canadian Amazon.

I'm personally a cable skeptic and don't think they'll change the sound unless something is wrong. I know others will disagree with that opinion. Mostly I'd worry about build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back