Essence STX + Active/Passive-speakers/Micro-system?
Aug 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

arijspieter

New Head-Fier
First of all, hello everyone! (I'm new here)
I live in Belgium and speak Dutch but I think my English is good
biggrin.gif

I have a ASUS Xonar Essence STX card, Razer Carcharias headphones and a Philips MCM761 micro-system (both hooked up to the STX).
I would like to upgrade my equipment (not the STX of course
wink_face.gif
) starting with my speakers, so replacing the Philips.
I think buying active speakers such as the Audioengine A2s should be my best buy. My current micro-system gives me twice 75W RMS (but you can hear distortion at very high volumes and it's not superb anyway) and I'm afraid that speakers such as the A2s won't give my enough power. Should I consider buying a micro-system again (I know, nearly nobody uses this in combination with a PC but some can deliver a nice sound in combination with lots of Watts) or should I buy passive speakers + separate amp or just stick with something like the A2s.
I'm only 18 years so I don't have too much experience although I'm not deaf and I've heard good speakers (B&W in our living room and B&O, Denon, Yamaha,... at shops).

I do not want to buy something such as a Logitech surround system (otherwise I wouldn't join here
bigsmile_face.gif
) as I prefer a good and balanced sound above a big 5.1 system that blows the roof of (the 2*75W which I have now is definitely not needed).

Any help appreciated! thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back