ES-R10 closed back dynamic headphone Sony R10 Replica Discussion/Impressions
Aug 12, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #1,231 of 1,571
It has now set for me. The curve has been documented and studied and agreed that it is the universal solution for the ultimate sound signature.

The problem is that people haven't heard the Curve in its ultimate form. The perfected curve.

I have and that's why I am now preaching on it like a mad man who heard the Sony MDR R10 for the first time.
What then is the ultimate form?

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #1,232 of 1,571
What then is the ultimate form?
Can't verbally explain unless you hear the HC headphones I found that follows the curve but does it right (will not disclose these headphones, im collecting them). If you do it wrong, HC sounds boring and mellow. Dan Clark is trying to figure this out with the stealth as we speak but his headphone is still shy from being right.

The sound must be purity in musicality without any abnormalities and spikes. No bleeds, no deficit in any frequency, with the perfect blend when the sound is call to.
It is tough, overall.

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #1,233 of 1,571
Can't verbally explain unless you hear the HC headphones I found that follows the curve but does it right (will not disclose these headphones, im collecting them). If you do it wrong, HC sounds boring and mellow. Dan Clark is trying to figure this out with the stealth as we speak but his headphone is still shy from being right.

The sound must be purity in musicality without any abnormalities and spikes. No bleeds, no deficit in any frequency, with the perfect blend when the sound is call to.
It is tough, overall.
Ok but it doesn't help to understand then what you project as the "right" sound. Not asking for some explanation but I guess what you think gets you there.

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #1,234 of 1,571
Ok but it doesn't help to understand then what you project as the "right" sound. Not asking for some explanation but I guess what you think gets you there.
Agree. You must hear it yourself and agree.
But I personally found it. It beats the Sony and HE90 and the rest.

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #1,235 of 1,571
Agree. You must hear it yourself and agree.
But I personally found it. It beats the Sony and HE90 and the rest.
And other equipment besides the headphones does not play into this?

Aug 12, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #1,236 of 1,571
And other equipment besides the headphones does not play into this?
You asking great questions 😆

Yes, gear plays a role. Harman Curve ultimately sounds boring. If you can't fix the headphone itself which is extremely hard to do you must rely on other gear.

I haven't found the ultimate HC headphone mind you but close enough. With 300B tubes I am able to inject certain frequencies that brings out that sound I discover. This is why HE90, HE1 and T2 gear are endgame for people because it brings them closer to that ultimate sound signature.

If the frequency is perfect (Harman Curve), its boring. Add distortion aka tubes into the mix and the sound becomes more appropriate to the user and now it becomes musical and perfect.

Aug 12, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #1,237 of 1,571
You asking great questions 😆

Yes, gear plays a role. Harman Curve ultimately sounds boring. If you can't fix the headphone itself which is extremely hard to do you must rely on other gear.

I haven't found the ultimate HC headphone mind you but close enough. With 300B tubes I am able to inject certain frequencies that brings out that sound I discover. This is why HE90, HE1 and T2 gear are endgame for people because it brings them closer to that ultimate sound signature.

If the frequency is perfect (Harman Curve), its boring. Add distortion aka tubes into the mix and the sound becomes more appropriate to the user and now it becomes musical and perfect.
Then why use a curve and not adjust to the hearing. I mean, using the HC and then having to bolster is, is a contradiction of values.

Aug 12, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,238 of 1,571
Then why use a curve and not adjust to the hearing. I mean, using the HC and then having to bolster is, is a contradiction of values.
Harman Curve fix everything technically.
R10 has issues.
HE90 has issues.
HD800 has issues.
009 has issues.
Every headphone has issues. Harman Curve sets the baseline of the perfect baseline. Follow it, and fix the lacking issue.

Aug 12, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #1,239 of 1,571
What the h** is HC headphone 😂

Ahh: Harman Curve

Aug 12, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #1,241 of 1,571
Harman Curve fix everything technically.
R10 has issues.
HE90 has issues.
HD800 has issues.
009 has issues.
Every headphone has issues. Harman Curve sets the baseline of the perfect baseline. Follow it, and fix the lacking issue.
And then the source, wires, and amp, through the curve off. Either for the better or the worse.

What are you using to determine the curve?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #1,244 of 1,571
No headphones has gotten the curve correct. Some come close, I'm using a few atm. Pic down below is a representation of the curve. The blue dotted line is the curve, having the best bass and the perfect baseline to topend and drop.

All headphones are trash in the bass regions. The curve literally tells us we need bass but all headphones can't do it. And if they do, they suffer in the midrange, treble and cause crazy wonky distortion spikes.

Harman Curve literally tells us, universally everyone wants bass and more of it but can headphones do it? Sony R10 sucks at it, HE90 sucks at it. HD800 from the picture is horrible.

The HD650 comes close to Harman Curve. This is why universally the HD650 is beloved and adored. The ones who do not like it, wants bass and consider it boring aka "boring Harman Curve."

The story doesn't end with Harman Curve being boring. I proposed a few pages back how to fix it and create that ultimate sound. But its extremely hard. The secret headphones I'm using (won't disclose) has the best bass, midrange and smooth treble. Almost perfect 🥰

Sennheiser HD800S Measurements vs HD650 Frequency Response (1).png

People will get mad at this pic down below, but it's amazing.

Abyss TC
Harman Curve vs Abyss TC

This graph literally shows bass in Abyss. Majority of people raves the bass on the TC. I wonder why? Is it because its close to the Harman "perfected" Curve? Yes, that's why.

The rest of the pic... look away 😆

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Frequency Response Measurements.png

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #1,245 of 1,571
No headphones has gotten the curve correct. Some come close, I'm using a few atm. Pic down below is a representation of the curve. The blue dotted line is the curve, having the best bass and the perfect baseline to topend and drop.

All headphones are trash in the bass regions. The curve literally tells us we need bass but all headphones can't do it. And if they do, they suffer in the midrange, treble and cause crazy wonky distortion spikes.

Harman Curve literally tells us, universally everyone wants bass and more of it but can headphones do it? Sony R10 sucks at it, HE90 sucks at it. HD800 from the picture is horrible.

The HD650 comes close to Harman Curve. This is why universally the HD650 is beloved and adored. The ones who do not like it, wants bass and consider it boring aka "boring Harman Curve."

The story doesn't end with Harman Curve being boring. I proposed a few pages back how to fix it and create that ultimate sound. But its extremely hard. The secret headphones I'm using (won't disclose) has the best bass, midrange and smooth treble. Almost perfect 🥰

Sennheiser HD800S Measurements vs HD650 Frequency Response (1).png

People will get mad at this pic down below, but it's amazing.

Abyss TC
Harman Curve vs Abyss TC

This graph literally shows bass in Abyss. Majority of people raves the bass on the TC. I wonder why? Is it because its close to the Harman "perfected" Curve? Yes, that's why.

The rest of the pic... look away 😆

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Frequency Response Measurements.png
How does the Denon 9200 do on the curve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back