ERS Paper and Dampening all in one?
Apr 13, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, tonight I sent in a request for two sample rolls of the 3M™ EMI Absorber AB-5100 (1 mm) and the AB-2100 (1.2 mm, silicone rubber backing, more flexible). We'll see how well it works. I doubt they will be willing to send me two 25 meter rolls of this stuff, its pretty thick, so the shipping will be intense, if they do, I'll give some away. I told them it was a "school-related project" (which is partly the case), so they will probably comply to maintain their public relations image.

If it doesn't work out you might ask for less of it. The spec sheets suggested a standard size a bit smaller like 210mm W x 15 meters for the AB-50n0 series. It should not be expensive at all to ship, think about how thin it is, how light, and that it can be rolled up, I'd imagine their bulk shipping rates result in under $4 shipping cost (to them, it's anybody's guess what they'd charge a customer).

As Andrew had mentioned, if you wanted to offer this kind of stuff at cost through a group buy you merely need moderator permission.

I've nothing against 3M products at all, but they do charge quite a lot for some things, it could be as cost effective to find an alternative product if you can't get a substantial discount for a group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back