Errors ripping CD -> FLAC Foobar2k
Jul 4, 2011 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ctlaurin

New Head-Fier
This is really the first time I've tried ripping right to FLAC. Something is wrong somewhere and google hasn't been much help to me. I get an error log that looks like:

10 out of 10 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "cdda://00B4022D" / index: 1
  Audio CD extraction setup: drive: "Memorex - MRX-600LE v1", sample offset: 0
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Bon Iver\Bon Iver\01. Perth.flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\flac.exe" -s --ignore-chunk-sizes -0 - -o "01. Perth.flac"
  Working folder: C:\Bon Iver\Bon Iver\

What am I doing wrong?

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 6
Here's what you may have missed on the foobar website: "You may need additional command-line encoder binaries to rip directly to most of popular audio formats such as MP3 or FLAC."

I use foobar as a music player only. I would recommend using Exact Audio Copy(EAC). FLAC is enabled out of the box. It pretty much sets itself up and is very easy to use. Make sure you set up Accuraterip and as long as it says "Accurately ripped" after every track you have everything set up right. If the CD is scratched it will not return accurate rips though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back