ERLKöNIG – Limited Black Edition
post-15682460
Post #31 of 41

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
Reaction score
With virtually no weaknesses at all, it is generally quite difficult to find anything that is objectionable with the erlky’s sound, build, or presentation quality.
Generally agree but the fit and weight is not for everyone. I tried it in Bangkok last year, definitely sounded great but I recall it was pretty heavy and big. Not unbearable but certainly not winning any comfort awards.

post-15682465
Post #32 of 41

toaster

Previously known as toaster22
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right.

As with any universal, fit is always a question mark. If it fits well, and you can hear it as intended, you may be inclined to sell off your entire custom collection to purchase the erlky...that’s what I did.

Reactions: koven
post-15682799
Post #33 of 41

raypin

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Mm...I saw 2 dealers selling it. I m sure some of the 200 sets are bound to go to the VE dealers. As for build and delivery time, it took nearly 3 weeks for the SG dealer (E1 Personal Audio) to deliver mine last Sept.

post-15683002
Post #34 of 41

Sito Lupion

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I spend that money on an IEM and my divorce is assured... :triportsad:
although thinking about it..... would be a good way to kill two birds of a shot... :ksc75smile:

congratulations to the buyers and enjoy them with health. :beerchug:

post-15683180
Post #35 of 41
Reaction score
Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
Reactions: aaf evo
post-15683210
Post #36 of 41
Reaction score
Wait is it really sold out already? Their order button is just a contact form, so they responded/invoiced all 200, and received 200 payments all within 12 hours?
It was about 3 hours, I’m sure many orders went to distributors too?
Mm...I saw 2 dealers selling it. I m sure some of the 200 sets are bound to go to the VE dealers. As for build and delivery time, it took nearly 3 weeks for the SG dealer (E1 Personal Audio) to deliver mine last Sept.
Hej guys,

We want to reach out regarding this final limited Edition.

Actually, what you guessed in the thread above is basically what happenned: We were run over by orders just as we announced the ERLKöNIG - Limited Black Edition. Distributors reached out and also more direct customers as we could ever have imagined. We are overwhelmed by this interest. But as it always is: such situations also come with challenges.

We feel a bit bad, as many of you might have woken up and registered the announcements for the launch and that we are sold out already at the same time. And we can understand that some people who thought about taking the step towards a unit of this Limited Edition might be disappointed, as they basically had no chance to get a set.

We feel bad, especially because we really appreciate the passion and enthusiasm here in the head-fi community for the ERLKöNIG and our products in general.

This is why we put our heads together and figured something out: We talked to some of our resellers and released 6 units that we want to dedicate to the head-fi community exclusively.

As the order form on the website is not available anymore, you can order the ERLKöNIG – Limited Black Edition via E-Mail to info@vision-ears.de and mention "Head Fi order" in the subject line. First come, first serve.

We hope that this helps a bit and that everyone who wants a set can get it.

All the best from Cologne,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
post-15683246
Post #37 of 41

aaf evo

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Hej guys,

We want to reach out regarding this final limited Edition.

Actually, what you guessed in the thread above is basically what happenned: We were run over by orders just as we announced the ERLKöNIG - Limited Black Edition. Distributors reached out and also more direct customers as we could ever have imagined. We are overwhelmed by this interest. But as it always is: such situations also come with challenges.

We feel a bit bad, as many of you might have woken up and registered the announcements for the launch and that we are sold out already at the same time. And we can understand that some people who thought about taking the step towards a unit of this Limited Edition might be disappointed, as they basically had no chance to get a set.

We feel bad, especially because we really appreciate the passion and enthusiasm here in the head-fi community for the ERLKöNIG and our products in general.

This is why we put our heads together and figured something out: We talked to some of our resellers and released 6 units that we want to dedicate to the head-fi community exclusively.

As the order form on the website is not available anymore, you can order the ERLKöNIG – Limited Black Edition via E-Mail to info@vision-ears.de and mention "Head Fi order" in the subject line. First come, first serve.

We hope that this helps a bit and that everyone who wants a set can get it.

All the best from Cologne,

Johannes
@SeeSax :)

Reactions: SeeSax
post-15683942
Post #38 of 41

Darkestred

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Whats crazy to me is i would have never gotten into this hobby without head-fi. I'd be rocking skullcandy's (doubtful) and always wondering if there were something better. 200 people and vendors scooping up the price tag of these iems? I can only think of about a dozen people who own iems that are 20% less. Crazy.

Congratulations VE.

Reactions: ryan_jd
post-15684323
Post #39 of 41

bflat

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
LOL somebody at VE is going "why the hell did we only make 200 of these???????"

post-15684378
Post #40 of 41

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
Reaction score
LOL somebody at VE is going "why the hell did we only make 200 of these???????"
They could take a page from Campfire's book w/ a stealth limit increase to 300. The good ol' limited, but not as limited revision, but still limited edition.

Reactions: Tristy
post-15685738
Post #41 of 41

Tristy

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
They could take a page from Campfire's book w/ a stealth limit increase to 300. The good ol' limited, but not as limited revision, but still limited edition.
But it wasn't 'limited' it was a 'special' edition that also turns out to be 'limited' because thats what it says on the home page... but you shouldn't buy it because its 'limited' you should only buy it because its a 'special' edition :k701smile:

... And it definitely wasn't a sneaky sneaky on CA's part by doing this because they can't do anything wrong. It's impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ryan_jd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)