ERLKöNIG – Limited Black Edition
Jun 16, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #20 of 42
I was told they’d ship in about 2 weeks, so unfortunately we have a bit of waiting left!
B9612E8A-28BA-4F7F-84E9-13AC21C2BC75.jpeg

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #28 of 42
Almost 5K on IEM? This must be sizzling good. Are these regular BA drivers or something special?

Yes.

On fire, indeed.

Yes, 13 BAs.

Or something special? You bet.

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #29 of 42
It would be a risky investment spending that much money just on IEM but I am very much interested in trying this out.
If there's an assurance that this is not just another hype but real stuff, I may seriously consider. I spent 3.6K on Fourte
once and decided not to do that anymore...

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #30 of 42
The erlky tuning is not only adjustable with 4 different built in settings, but its overall tuning has virtually no weaknesses; and it’s actually a relatively “safe” and mainstream tuning...it’s nearly impossible not to like it.

The fourte, while awesome, is far less “safely tuned.” For many, it has harsh treble, lacks coherence, and has strange tuning in the midrange frequencies.

To be clear, I actually think the fourte is amazing. But, you could also make a pretty strong case for it having one of the most polarizing sound signatures in the iem world.

The erlky is tuned with a truly masterful mainstream sound. With virtually no weaknesses at all, it is generally quite difficult to find anything that is objectionable with the erlky’s sound, build, or presentation quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back