Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
May 4, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #241 of 9,848
BTW, any word on pension payouts for your caddie/driver/personal assistant/bodyguard(?) duties...can (will) they make up for the wages?...

May 4, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #242 of 9,848
BTW, any word on pension payouts for your caddie/driver/personal assistant/bodyguard(?) duties...can (will) they make up for the wages?...
Yes, it's in the contract. It's 20% of my weekly wage which means I'll be able to afford an apple pie from McDonalds once a month. I know, I know....I'm lucky. :smile:

May 4, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #243 of 9,848
And why have you not roll any of those tubes, if I may ask?
KT-88, I only have the Gold Lions and RAM. Never A/B'd them - none of them is bad, but (from memory) neither is WOW either!

Zachi please post a picture of your EL3N amp by Glenn.
I posted several photos on the Glenn thread when I received it (Apr. 2020). Click on my profile photo to see it :)

Try quad KT88 in it if you say it accepts that tube.
Um... that would be challenging, given it has only 2 sockets... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 5, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #244 of 9,848
Sword of Destiny. You know which one is Sword and which is Destiny right?

sword-of-destiny.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

May 5, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #248 of 9,848
Anyhoo, in the absence of Yggdrasil, I'm getting a NAD M51. See you later. Going to get the M51 now.

M51 pair wonderfully with all CD transport specially with AES ! This is not an R2R dac it is very neutral and the digital volume work like a charm as digital pre-amp :)
Some say that it does not measure well but to me it sound good (I used to be a NAD aficionado many years ago).
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #249 of 9,848
M51 pair wonderfully with all CD transport specially with AES ! This is not an R2R dac it is very neutral and the digital volume work like a charm as digital pre-amp :)
Some say that it does not measure well but to me it sound good (I used to be a NAD aficionado many years ago).
:thumbsup:

Thanks hpamdr. I should know because I owned a M51 before but sold it much to my regret. So here it is in the flesh, still looking new, remote control in mint condition. I remember the M51 as being neutral, detailed and having a nice wide soundstage. Of course there's a whole range of inputs with hdmi outs as well. This was NAD master series dac some years ago. Even the double box is still very new. The previous owner has kept it very well.

IMG_2356.jpg

May 5, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #250 of 9,848
You missed out chiropodist lol!

May 5, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #251 of 9,848
Raid? I think not...it is generously offered assistance in tube inventory downsizing consistent with @bcowen ‘s transition to old age lifestyle...😜🤪...
No, he's just trying to preserve what's left of his sanity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

May 5, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #252 of 9,848
For NOS tubes impressions it has to be week after next when I get back to my work accommodation. My main gear are there... ???
Nice job :wink:, I can't talk I used to listen to earphones all day at my job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back