ER6i or NuForce NE-7M, same price, which one?
Nov 28, 2008 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

MusicL0ver

Head-Fier
Im stuck between the two. Both are for $50 right now. Im planning to buy them and use a 2nd party shipping company to avoid the high shipping fee so when i get them either should be around ~80CAD... <- wow cant believe im spending that much for earphones
popcorn.gif

which one would you choose between the two?
L3000.gif

If im getting the Er6i i think ill need to get a fiio e3 for more bass and new tips.. so additional fees but dunno if ill get the amp and/or tips for the Nu 7.. what you think?
o2smile.gif

PS. suggestions for lower priced choices are also welcomed and... i know the er6i are over the ear phones but are the nu 7 too?
ph34r.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 27
the etymotic's. you can't go wrong with them. I think they're really decent phones ampless.

just don't leave them unattended in a house with any 4 legged animals.

Nov 28, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 27
The ne-7m to me seems like it is better suited to people with the iphone or similar device, as it has the mic, and control switch. But then again, headphoneaddict has given the sq rave reviews.

I'm tempted to wait for the NE-8 to come out before I make a decision...

btw, how are the er6i's amped (say, with a mini^3)?

Nov 28, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 27
Well, I've just ordered the NE-7M. I really liked the idea of remote control/microphone with my iPhone, and following headphoneaddict's review (and the self destruction of my Klipsch Custom-1s after 2 week's of use) I decided to take the plunge.

So, obviously I can't comment on SQ. I have used ER6-i and felt distinctly underwhelmed. This was with the flange tip which I find really uncomfortable to use AND they weren't burned it.

Nov 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaspianPH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the etymotic's. you can't go wrong with them. I think they're really decent phones ampless.

just don't leave them unattended in a house with any 4 legged animals.

QFT on that one. They're great phones AND animals love to eat them.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #11 of 27
I don't think there is any volume control. NE-7M does whatever the iPhone buds do, which is pick up hang up and ignore calls, and pause/play (1 click) skip-forward (2 click) and skip-backward (3 click). You use the button just like the apple buds, which I don't believe have a volume control either.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #12 of 27
How do you think the Radius ones compare? Never heard of them, but the non-iPhone edition has been getting pretty good reviews on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Radius RK-CA511K Atomic Bass earphones designed for the iPhone - Black: Electronics

I'm torn as to which I should purchase for my iPhone, really considering the NE-7M now after having read your review, others I'm considering are the CX 95 and the AH-C551.

So you liked the bass on the NE-7M? I listen to a good amount of bass heavy techno/hip hop, but some rock too.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #13 of 27
NE-7M has more bass than ER6i and less than Klipsch Image X10. The Denon C700 have a little more bass, but it is muddy compared to the NE-7M, and the Denon have harsher highs like the ER6i but do have very nice mids. Never heard of the Radius.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #14 of 27
Hmm, thanks for the reply.

But the bass is still good? Just a little worried since I hear the bass on the C551s is better than the C700s, and now you're saying the C700s have better bass :p, I just need a good pair for techno/rock music. I can't stand the utter lack of bass on Apple's bundled earbuds, when what should be thumping bass sounds completely flat or just absent.

EDIT: Oh and how far into the ear do they go? I've never used in-ear headphones before, that's why I was kind of leaning towards the CX 95s too. And how about the build quality of the microphone segment, cheap plastic or looks like it's solid?

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by N4V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, thanks for the reply.

But the bass is still good? Just a little worried since I hear the bass on the C551s is better than the C700s, and now you're saying the C700s have better bass :p, I just need a good pair for techno/rock music. I can't stand the utter lack of bass on Apple's bundled earbuds, when what should be thumping bass sounds completely flat or just absent.

I never said C700 bass is better - I said it is more (quantity) but worse by being a little muddy (quality).

The NE-7M are not lacking bass, it just wont strike you as a bassy headphone. It's kinda like a Grado in that way. NE-7M bass sounds plenty strong with infected mushroom, while the ER6i have absent bass. You want tight and fast bass don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back