ER6i or E3C
Sep 15, 2007 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

adrockthewalrus

Head-Fier
I lost the rubber caps for my senn. cx300's, so figured i'd look at getting some new iem's.

I've narrowed it down to the e3c's or er6i's. Does anyone have experience of both and have a preference? They're both aproximately the same price (£60-70). Is there somethign else im missing out on in this range? I listen to quite a wide range fo stuff (electronica, generic rock, classical).

any help much appreciated. I'll be using them with my 5.5g ipod (once my pa2v2 arrives) and probably a cowon iaudio 7 that im hoping to pick up along with the headphones next week for flac for the commute to work (only 4gb, i can change ti foten enough and my jou8rney's only 30-45 minuets ecah way).

Sep 15, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 15
I would choose ER6i over the E3 any day...I sold my E4 and bought the ER6 which I like better.

I want an iaudio 7 too.
evil_smiley.gif
(I want but don't need)

Sep 15, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 15
If you like to listen to vocal, you will found e3c is better.

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 15
ER6i.

SQ wise, ER6i is lean and clean (less bass) while E3c is warm but not as detail. IMO, their are on par on SQ., but I like ER6i for its ease of use and Ety sound signature.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 15
Shure E3 by far. THe UEs on their level are the super fi 3s, and you also have the D jays which I have not heard but seem to be rather nice.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about X3? Is it on the same level with ER6i ?

I remember some people comparing them to the superfi pro. If they are that good, they are beyonf the ER6i.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #10 of 15
i own both

the shure e3 has no separation or detail. everything seems "foggy" and a little muddy. they pretty much turned me away from iems until i got the

er6i
these put my faith back in iems. awesome for their price and size...get them

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #12 of 15
I have the ER6i's and the E3Cs ... after putting Comply or Shure foamies on the ER6i's, I saw (make that "heard") what the Etys are supposed to be. No, they're not bass monsters (if you want good bass at a reasonable price, look up the Future Sonics Atrio M5s), but the bass is there for the ER6i's if you insert the earphones optimally (in my opinion, using foamies helps ... YMMV).

The Etys are tight and clear, and the isolation really helps in noisy environments. The E3Cs look better ... that's about it. If you're going with Shures, go higher up the food chain than the E3 series ... they make good products, but the E3's aren't all that special.

(The silicone ear pieces on canal phones are replaceable at a modest cost, by the way ... of course, when upgrade-itis sets in, far be it from me to stand in the way.)

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember some people comparing them to the superfi pro. If they are that good, they are beyonf the ER6i.

on par with super.fi pro?... i dont know. then why bother getting anything beside an X3?

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 15
sorry to bump an old thread, but do you guys with the etymotics ever find the sound to be really ear piercing? i had the er6 a while back and i used a sony nw-hd3. i just remember that the highs were extremely high and hurt my ears. now i've switched mp3 players to a samsung k3 and im looking back into the er6i's. any opinions on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back