ER6 vs Fi.3
Oct 11, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #16 of 25
gentleman, thank you for your response - I am definitely thinking about ER6 and ER6i.. i really wish there was a store close by that would carry them and I could test them on my own.. I am a graphic designer , so visually I like better the looks of ER6, but I may go with the "i" ..

hey Baines93, as much as I would love to follow your advice my price range ends around $40 per ear
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #20 of 25
I don't have either of these phones but I'm goign through a similar process in selecting a pair of in-ears within this price range.

I'm leaning towards the SF3 - my impressions from the research that I've done is that they probably have a sound signature that more people prefer.

Oct 24, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #22 of 25
hey guys, I just wanted to tell you that finally I went ahead and got the headphones - I purchased the ER6, not the "i". They were a little cheaper, and it seemed like the fit would be more comfortable than the "i", with the triple seal.

No my impressions: I am not a pro in headphones, I just enjoy quality music - but I agree that without a proper EQ setup on the MP3 player - the bass is very flat. It is there, but it isn't very good one, even for a “non-bassy” person like myself.

Boosting the lows on the EQ on my Sansa Clip player made all the difference in the world. It still isn't a subwoofer you can hear on streets hehe, but it is -perfect for me - that bass is there boosted by about 30-35%, nice, clear, not overwhelming - and the details of the sounds.. ohh.. what a joy to my ears. I can hear instruments I didn't realize were there before. Basically I have now, clean and crisp sound with respectable bass and for a great price.

Thanks for a great suggestion guys. I am totally pleased with the pair, I hope it will last me for a long time!

Oct 25, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #25 of 25
Hi,

I got a pair last week. The fit was a problem for me as I have small ear canals. The silicon tips provided did not provide a tight seal, and the foam tips are rather thick also.

Managed to fix this by using Audio technica silicon ear tips (small size), and now the isolation is perfect. Another solution would be comply ear tips, but I haven't tried it yet.

I auditioned several brands such as UM 1 and q-Jays, haven't tried Etys before. But for the price range and sound signature that UE offers, its quite a good steal.

Right now I am considering upgrading to Triple fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back