ER6 Fit like ER4?
May 11, 2004 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

revan

100+ Head-Fier
So I've had ER4's for a while and have never had any luck getting a good seal with the flanged tips and use the foam tips exclusively. I'm looking at adding the ER6's to my collectiona and I'm wondering if the flanged tips are easier to get a good seal with?

Revan

May 11, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 6
why do you want the er6's if you've already got the er4's?

EDIT: don't read posts in between checkers moves, you miss the point. sorry, nevermind.

May 11, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 6
The ER6 has less detail and may sound a bit darker than the ER4, but it is not very different to the ER4P IMHO. Some complain about how bright the ER4S is, so this is an alternative. They go all the way inside your ear canal which looks much better on you than the ER4 because it is concealed, and the cable can be worn around the ear. I would never take my ER4 to the gym, but the ER6 seems a great phone for the gym. It costs less than half the price of the ER4.

May 11, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by revan
So I've had ER4's for a while and have never had any luck getting a good seal with the flanged tips and use the foam tips exclusively. I'm looking at adding the ER6's to my collectiona and I'm wondering if the flanged tips are easier to get a good seal with?

Revan

Is there any particular reason why you want to use the flanged tips so badly?

May 11, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
Is there any particular reason why you want to use the flanged tips so badly?

save some $$$$

May 12, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #6 of 6
The reason I asked is that I am looking for an inexpensive pair to wear to the gym. I don't want to use the foam tips on something I could be potentially putting in and taking out every 5 - 10 minutes. In my opinion, that is one of the failings of my ER4's - I just can't use them without the foam because the seal I get with the flanged tips is terrible - resulting in non-existent bass. Having to take the foam tips in and out often doesn't work for me either.

So has anyone had any experience with both ER6 and ER4? Are the flanged tips the same? Or is it easier to get a seal with the ER6?

Thanks,

Revan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back