Er 4s
Oct 2, 2002 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rmer

New Head-Fier
i have porta corda and i am interested into buying these... can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy them? also
if anyone has them with porta corda i'd really like to hear if
you are satisfied and some opinions... my beyer's dt831 are
sometimes to heavy to carry around

thanks
robert
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 8
Most of us like to buy from Headroom; they have great service. Check the link on this site's homepage.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2002 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 8
There was a source on Ebay that was selling them starting at $239 but I think her price went up to $259 recently. For the small difference in price I would recommend Headroom. Their 30 day return policy and customer support are worth more than the differenence in price.

As long as you are spending this kind of $ I would also recommend that you take a look at the 4P's with an adapter cable to make them 4s's. This will provide you with the ultimate flexability to use them with or without an amp.

Oct 2, 2002 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 8
If you do decide to buy the 4Ps, I came across a place that has them for $225. This site is relatively new and not entriely functional yet, but I e-mailed the guy (Tom Baker, I think) and he said he'd try and get the Ety link up today. I don't know much about them, but I'm ordering mine from here in a day or two. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oct 3, 2002 at 9:02 AM Post #5 of 8
thanks to all for the info... can some point me out where to hear more about that adapter cable that can make 4p's into 4s's
has anyone tried 4s's with porta corda? maybe some review
already here? does it work better with 120Ohm adapter or without ? can maybe someone compare it with other closed
headphones, especially DT831 and HD250 which i own...

thanks again
rmer
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2002 at 6:02 PM Post #7 of 8
I use the Ety 4s with a headroom TAH and they work great for my portable setup. Ive heard that the porta actually makes a better combo, so i would say they should be a good match.

Oct 4, 2002 at 1:50 PM Post #8 of 8
The ER-4S and -X (57 ohm) are nice with the Porta Corda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back