ER-4P vs ER-6i
Mar 24, 2006 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tarjan

New Head-Fier
Don't worry, this isn't another person asking which is better. I finally made the switch, and seriously, it is night and day. The ER-4p right out of the box is hugely better than the 6i, which is no slouch either. I am extremely happy with the decision to switch up.

The er-6i will still be my go-to for working out, but for all of the traveling I do or listening to music late at night I am in heaven with the 4p.

Mar 24, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 5
I did not see a huge difference out of the box but as time went on I fell for the ER4P's sound. Detailed and open. I may even get a back up pair soon.

Mar 24, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Just curious... what exactly makes the 4p's better? Or is it everything in general (bass, mids, treble, soundstage, etc etc)?

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 5
congrats on the upgrade. I'm still using my 6is.
I listened to the 4ps a while ago, and loved the sound. I noticed more bass, and a bit more revealing than the 6i. I just didn't find enough in them to make the jump. Mind you, that's just for me.

As I've stated in other threads, the second my 6is die, and i've tried to torture them, they'll be replaced with er-4ps.
etysmile.gif

I think a good part of the difference is the design of the er-4 series phones actually gets a better seal that the 6is do. I noticed much more bass with the er-4p than my 6is. As has been discussed on here previously, the bass with etys, is really dependant on the quality of the seal you get. I think it's much easier to get a good seal with the er-4s. This was using tri-flanges when I auditioned them.

glad you like the new phones.

Happy listening,
-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back